Chapter 3 Little Baby Girl

It had been a total of four years since Hannah and Michael got married. They were living a very good life.

Hannah and Michael were living a good life they were happy and healthy and in love. They decided now was the time to start a family. They were about to get their wish.

Hannah was at home today was her day off and she got a call from her doctor. "Hello," Hannah said.

"Hannah we got the results from your pregnancy test, it is positive," the doctor said.

"Thank you so much," Hannah said. 

"We need to set up an appointment for next week," the doctor said. "How does Tuesday sound?" he asked.

"Sounds good both my husband and I are off that day." Hannah said. 

"Okay then it is all set good bye," the doctor said.

"Bye," Hannah said.

Michael came home a bit later. "Michael I have great news," Hannah said.

"What is it?" Michael asked.

"I'm pregnant," Hannah said.

"This is best news ever!" Michael said hugging her.

They went to the doctor's appointment on Tuesday. They were very excited. Hannah was six weeks pregnant and they were going to determine when Hannah was due.

They were very nervous and excited because this was their first baby. They were looking forward to it. They were hopping their baby was going to be healthy.

They saw many women in the pregnancy clinic. There were some by themselves and others who with their husbands. Hannah and Michael were looking forward to hopefully hearing their baby's heartbeat for the first time and seeing the ultrasound.  They were very excited.

They were called in. "Okay Mrs. Carter let's get started," the tech said. She put a fetal doppler on her middle and there was a small swooshing sound it was the baby's heart. "It's your baby's heartbeat," she said. 

Michael and Hannah were so happy. The heart was so small and already beating. "So precious," Hannah said.

"It is," Michael said.

They were so happy. 

Then the tech got the ultrasound ready. "Okay now let's get started on the ultrasound," the tech said. She put the gel on Hannah's middle and rubbed the wand around. "Okay the baby is looking good," she said. "I can see that everything is normal," she said.

Hannah and Michael were so relieved at that.

There was so much to do and a lot to think about. 

During the first trimester. Hannah felt nauseous, bloated, had sore breasts, was moody, and tired. She had morning sickness some mornings. 

Michael would rub her back sometimes to help her feel better. It was hard because her mood swings often were directed at him. So it was a bit hard.

Hannah also had food aversions. She couldn't stand seafood for sometime. It made her sick to her stomach just smelling it.  So she avoided it.

Then after the end of the third month things were going well. The prenatal check ups were going well and the baby was healthy. They were very happy.

Then they told everyone they knew that they were going to have a baby. They were so happy for them.

Hannah was soon shopping for maternity clothes. That way she had clothes that fit over her growing belly. She knew her belly was going to start growing soon. By 16 weeks she had a small bump which people could tell she was pregnant.