Something Unexpected

It's the beginning of the morning when I hear my alarm go off. I get up to turn it off and head over to the closet to get dressed for work. I'm on a time limit. "Gotta hurry" I say.

      It's 6:40 and I need to get to work in 20 minutes. My shift starts at 7:10. I get dressed and head over to the kitchen where my cat, (c/n) is sitting on the counter waiting for me to feed him/her. It's now 6:55. I feed him/her and make my way out the door. I only live about 10 minutes away from Starbucks, so the walk is 15 minutes.

      As I'm walking, cars past by and it's just peaceful outside. I finally check the time and it's 7:10. "Shit I'm late!" I say. I finally make it to work and my boss, Mr. Jones, is waiting for me behind the counter. I make my way to the back and put on the green apron that was hanging on the rack. "Your late" Mr.Jones says. "I know and I'm so sorry-" I say before he cuts me off. "When James gets here, I need you in my office." Mr.Jones says.

      As I'm getting ready for people to start coming in, James walks in. "James, take my shift for a minute please." I tell him. "Why?" He asks. "Because, Mr.Jones needs me for a minute." I say, as I'm heading to his office. I knock at his door and walk in. He tells me to sit down, so I do. "Do you know why I told you to come in my office? He asks me. "No sir." I say.
"It's because your late, and you have never been late." He says in a firm voice. "I know, I had to feed my cat-" I try to say as he cuts me off. "That's not an excuse, if this keeps happening I'm gonna have to give you a warning." He says raising his voice.

      "Okay, it won't happen again" I say on the verge of tears. I walk out of his office and ignore James. I start to clean the tables and chairs while tearing up. Then the tears manage to escape my eyes. "Stop crying and suck it up" I say my voice cracking. "I'm so pathetic, I can't even make my boss proud." I say lowering my voice so my co-worker won't hear me. I hear some people walk in and I try to wipe the tears aways. "I'll be with you in a moment" I say as im trying to make my voice stop shaking.

      I make my way to the counter and I look up to see 2 people standing in front of me. Ones tall, blonde and has blue eyes. Ones shorter and has dark brown hair and eyes. "How may I take your order?" I say with a slight shaky voice. They look at me with concerned faces but continue with there order. I place it and start making there drinks. Then I ask there names and put it on their cups. "Here you go!" I say with a slight smile. "Thank you!" The taller one says. "Also are you alright?" The shorter one says. "I'm alright just had a rough morning" I say.

      "Well have a nice day" He says as they walk out. "You too!" I call out to them before they leave. Now I have a small smile, and dry eyes.

A/n: this is my first story and I hope you liked this chapter. I'm sorry if it's short.