Chapter 1 (Sapphire's P.O.V)

Attention: This is another fanfic from none other than myself Fanfiction365. This one happens to be about Ruby x Sapphire it wasn't a request because I was already planning this anyway after my pearl x garnet which I am glad you guys have read. BIG shoutout to DimitriRomanov for doing a rp with me acting out most of this story because I really needed some good ideas so we bring you this story. Another bug shout out to all of my followers and readers I thank you so much for motivating me to continue writing fanfics. Lets start the story!!

-------------------------------------------

" Ruby....Ruby, come on and wake up." I said, poking her cheek repeatedly.

"Mmmh, I'm sleepy!" She said before rolling over to avoid my sweet kisses and pokes.

"Today's Steven's birthday!! You promised to make a cake with me." I pleaded in my sweetest tone.

"Cake!?"

"Yes, and what's even better is that I have a surprise after the party....but only if my special Ruby wakes up and does what I say!"

Ruby was up in a flash, pulling on her shirt and pants. I grabbed Ruby and rushed to Pearls room.

"Wait, I don't have my pants all the way up yet!" She yelled as I continued to rush around with her. I wanted to make Steven's birthday the best one yet, with everything he loved.

( In Pearl's room)

"Pearl you up yet!!!" I yelled in the vast emptiness of her room. The sound of water felt amazing and I began to feel sleepy again, indeed I stayed up all night planning this.

"Yes, I am! You should really be worried about Amethyst she never gets up early." She replied heading out of the temple to the main room.

Ruby fixed her clothes making sure nothing was on wrong, however she wasn't quite right.

"Ruby your shirts on backwards." I giggled as she rushed to fix that too.

( Amethyst's room)

Waking up Amethyst was way harder than Ruby but there wasn't much of a difference between the two. That's why they made such good friends. However Ruby didn't think so, she only hangs around me. " Ruby wake Amethyst!!" I said not wanting to deal with her today.

"Sure I'll do it the quick way!" She said walking over to the nearest pile of Amethyst's junk. She pulled out an old dirty mattress that looked like it had been there for ages, from the bottom. I watched as the top cam down on top of Amethyst.

"Timber!!!!" I called out loud.

"Who....." Amethyst yelled "DID THAT!!!!!"

I pointed to Ruby, laughing " It was Ruby."

" I DID IT FOR THE CAKE!!!!!" She yelled.

"Cake!?" Amethyst questioned.

" It's Steven's birthday!!" I chimed in " We're gonna make it the best he has ever had!! Wake Steven and take him to the arcade and get him some fry bits, whatever just don't come back until noon!!!"

Amethyst rushed off before I could finish my sentence, apparently happy with the fry bits part. When I was leaving the temple to join the rest of them I noticed Ruby seemed more alive than ever. Someone's happy! I thought.

I caught a glimpse of Steven and Amethyst running out of the door. I didn't even get to say happy birthday. I thought. Pearl climbed out from underneath Steven's bed. She dusted herself off of all the little dust bunnies that clung to her clothes.

"UH.... What were you doing underneath Steven's bed?" Ruby asked curiously.

" Watching Steven sleep." She replied as if it was the most normal thing in the universe.

There was a long pause of silence between those two then. I clapped my hands breaking the utter silence.

"It's time to get ready for Steven's birthday!!" I yelled happily " Ruby you help me with baking the cake and Pearl you can control the water in your room, right!?"

" Yes!" she said.

" Then I want you to make the biggest waterslide EVER with some of your waterfalls in your room." I spread my arms out wide for exaggeration to add affect to the conversation.

"Can't you just become Garnet and do twice the work faster? " She said looking at me and Ruby.

"No! Me and Ruby would like to work individually, together this-"

"Sure!!!" She yelled interrupting me. I couldn't say anything else before she stormed off and disappeared into her room.

" Well, ok Ruby lets start the cake!!" I said not sure what had happened myself as Ruby gave me a puzzled look. " Hand me the supplies."