0: Prolouge

A young girl was sitting down on a bed with blue sheets that were located in a small brown-painted room. That had two black nightstands next to the bed. A black dresser and a black T.V stand with a small T.V placed on it.

June West is a young twelve-year-old girl with pale skin and golden eyes that lives in one of the orphanages in Mesa, Arizona. She has been living here since she was a young toddler and didn't know who her parents were or why they left her there.

As a kid, and even up to this day, she couldn't seem to make any friends. Everyone saw her as nothing but a freak for her skin tone and eyes. She sometimes couldn't help and wondered if her parents felt the same way and if that was why she was left at the doorstep of the orphanage.

"Hey, gold eye freak, it's dinner time!" A tan skin boy with, a brown-haired boy older than June, shouted as he slammed her door."So come down and eat but don't sit next to me."

"Alright, Carl," June replied, getting off of her bed

Carl slammed the door shut, not bothering to reply back to June.

She sighed as she walked out of her room and down towards the kitchen, where multiple kids were gathered at a large brown table eating a bowl of spaghetti and meatballs for dinner.

"About time you join us," A lady with a peach skin tone and ginger hair toed into a bun said, looking at June as she entered the kitchen." You should know dinner is always at six by now; you freak show," She said, giving June her dinner and pointing towards a seat on the floor near the trash can.

'Of course, I get forced to sit on the floor even if there is one seat left.' June thought as she walked over and sat down near the trash can where the caretaker who does the cooking told her to sit.

She sat there quietly eating her food as she heard the other kids talking and laughing at her situation and shut her eyes, keeping her eyes from tearing up at the bullying.

'Mom and father, who are you? Why did you leave me here? I don't know where you are it. If you are still even alive, but I wish you both were here.' June thought, finishing her dinner and heading back to her room after placing the bowl at the end of the table.

---------------

June entered her room and sat on her bed after grabbing a red switch that she found one day on her birthday last year in her room and started playing Pokemon Shield.

She didn't know where It came from or who gave it to her since she didn't have any friends and nobody here liked her.

'Maybe there someone here that doesn't hate me, or maybe it was the guardian angel who left me it.' She thought as she played her game.

After spending about four hours playing her game on her switch, she decided to read a book she had recently checked out from the school library.

'A bit of reading will have me relaxed and ready for bed in a couple of hours.' She thought, grabbing a green and yellow book from the nightstand near her right.

June looked at the clock and noticed it was now ten in the evening. So she closed her book and bookmarked her spot as she went to brush her teeth before getting back in bed and laying down.

'Mom and father, I wish I could meet you and live a happy life with you.' She thought as she began to drift off to dreamland.

A shadowy creature appeared outside the window, looking at June as she began to fall off into dreamland.

"The time is here, little one, sssoon. You will be back where you belong, princesss," The figure hissed as a bright blue light flashed in the sky, and a swirling portal appeared in the sky, sucking the figure into the portal.

Suddenly a beam of light came from the portal in the sky and shined onto June's window, causing her to vanish into thin air. Little did June know she was about to be brought into the world she was originally from and the location of her real family.

I hope you enjoyed the prologue of the rewrite of Where I Belong so far. If so, please vote and let me know what you think of the story, and follow if you want notifications of when a new chapter is published. This chapter is only 751 words, but don't worry, the upcoming chapters will be longer and even more detailed than the prolonge and the old version.