Prologue: The Warning

Lightningstar breathed slowly as he waited for a StarClan cat to appear. Finally, what he was waiting for happened. He stood up to acknowledge his ancestor. Lightningstar dipped his head.

          "Hello, Lionstar. How are you?" he asked, looking up at his former leader. The leader sat down in front of him. "Good. But one of the kits in your Clan have quite a future," she meowed. Lightningstar sat down.

          "What do you mean?" he asked, tilting his head. Lionstar sighed. "A young kit, the color of a storm, shall be too pure with a loner. That loner will threaten to kill---yelling at the warriors---but instead, he will take the kit in with a mate from your Clan. They will run off and the kit will come back when they're nine moons old, with a completely new personality. They will fight alongside the new leader in battle, and then join sides with the enemy when they're weak and the leader and others are fully dead," she meowed quickly. "This will be in a time of tragedy. Most of your cats will have left for RiverClan, leaving only the leader, deputy, and one warrior with the newly made loner at your side in a great battle, causing ThunderClan to be no more."

          Lightningstar tilted his head even more. "Normally StarClan cats are vague. What changed? he asked.

          Lionstar sighed. "Nothing. I told you too much. But it's my Clan. This cat is dangerous. They killed a warrior in this great battle. Even two warriors will be scared of them when they bump into them." She stood up and stretched restlessly. "This cat will unsheathe their claws on any cat who tries to question them of being on their territory. They are dangerous, but a good key to your Clan."

          Before Lightningstar could say anything, the golden tabby ancestor disappeared and the ginger tabby woke up in his nest to the sound of bird song.