THREE.

cigarette daydream ——— three.

❁ ❁ ❁

june 10th was always the first big beach bonfire party of the season. locals and tourists would all sit around the fire, drink, and catch up from the previous months.

it had been a few days since the first day of summer and lucia woke up pretty early. she didn't tend sleep in that much when in cousins. she lazily walked downstairs, rubbing her eyes. everyone was awake except for steven.

"good morning sleeping beauty!" jeremiah joked, handing her a cup of coffee. he was wearing obnoxious red shorts. she mumbled a thank you and sat down at the kitchen's island right between belly and conrad. she practically drank the coffee in one sip.

jere and belly had got up early and gotten muffins for everyone. belly saved the blueberry one just for lucia.

"thank you bells." lucia gave her a tired smile and bit into her muffin. she looked over at conrad who was eating his chocolate muffin. "what's up with him?" conrad was back into his quiet mood. it's like it came in waves.

"morning." conrad's voice was raspy from just waking up.

jeremiah swiveled around the counter with the coffee pot to refill lucia and conrad's coffees. "i start lifeguarding today and steven starts concessions." he put the coffee pot back on the brewer, filling the lid with coffee grounds. "shit, i gotta go wake steven!" he quickly ran downstairs.

"someone's having a good morning." belly sighed, getting up and grabbing a piece of paper. she leaned against the island that lucy was sitting at and dramatically smacked it on the counter in front of her.

it took a second for lucia to realize what it was, and as soon as she did, she smiled up at her sister. "you're gonna be a deb!"

conrad leaned over lucia to look at the invitation. he nodded in approval. he smelt good.

"i need something to do this summer, susannah mom and i are gonna go shopping today to get everything i need."

"i'm happy for you." lucia gave her another smile and ate the rest of her muffin, getting up to throw out the muffin box and put her empty coffee cup into the sink.

jeremiah came upstairs with a very tired steven. he was dressed in black shorts and a white collared shirt that was only partially tucked in. lucia snuck up behind him and quickly tucked the rest of his shirt in and began heading upstairs to get ready for the day.

"wait luce, visit today?" jeremiah asked as he threw a white tanktop on.

"sure, i'll be there." she smiled and went upstairs.