Chapter 4: A date with Aiden.

It's 6 pm already and I'm out on a date with Aiden.
At times I forgot totally that I live in Zagreb, the capital and chief city of Croatia. That's because I spend my whole day and weeks in my room.

Enjoying the cool air at Capuciner Grill&Steak, this elegant restaurant with contemporary decor catches the eye, Sitting opposite Aiden.
There were a lot of choices for food on the menu we went for steak and shopska salad while waiting for our order, Aiden was busy on his phone, I love the spacing of the tables maybe they are still maintaining the Covid 19 rules. I should praise the cleanliness of the premises I can eat the food with all my eyes closed. service was fast, the staff was polite and not aggressive.

Our dishes were served right before us.
"uživati" (Enjoy) the waitress whispered.
"Hvala van" (Thank you) I said in a low voice.

What precisely does Aiden want us to talk about? I pondered. Not so long, I shattered the silence.

"Aiden." He closed up his phone and dropped it immediately on the table, giving me his full attention.

"Forgive my behaviors, you look so good daisy." I was on a mini ball gown that was directly above my knees and my dark brown silky hair resting on my shoulder, popping out my light skin tone. Well, It's something to admire. If I should count, this will be the tenth time Aiden is dropping this compliment today.

"Thank you Aiden" I was about to pick up my cutlery when Aiden held my hands.

"Let's toast to five years of a beautiful friendship" he said raising his glass of wine in the air. Oh, that's so bad of me I raised my glass of wine up as we clink our glasses.

"Cheers" we both said making secret wishes. We started digging into our plates. When we walked into the restaurant, they were a lot of scanty tables little did I know those tables which seemed to be free were already reserved. The whole place is occupied by couples; you will have no choice but to admire it.

"Daisy, are you enjoying your meal?" Aiden asks.

"Going on a dinner date with you feels so boring" I jokingly said waiting for his reply. After having a good laugh, Aiden got choked on his meal. "sorry Aiden." I got up from my seat, giving him a tap on his back. Everyone had their eyes on us but who cares.
I passed him a glass of water, and he quickly took the glass off my hands gulping down water, he finished it up and inhaled like a camel drinking water after five days in the desert, then he looked at me; I could see the relief on his face.

He takes my hand off his back, holding it firmly into his palm. I admire Aiden because it takes a whole lot to get him angry, and even when I get him angry he apologies first putting all the blame on himself knowing so we'll he did nothing wrong.

"Daisy" he calls still breaking down his laughter into chuckles, I wanted to laugh out loud with him but I held myself and instructed my lips to stay calm. trust me Aiden has a burst of contagious laughter not to talk more about his smiles. But whenever I tell him how cute he looks when he smiles he brushes it off. I think it's time he changes his mirror.

I took my hands off his and was gazing at him, I felt like a giant alien who invaded earth.

"Daisy, sit down" says Aiden as he taps my chair and had his eyes looking up at me.

"Why are you laughing?" I ask titling my lips about to welcome a smile, I sat on the chair.

"So I'm now a boring fellow after spending five years of my life, feeding you with endless laughter?" He asks letting the corners of his mouth curve up and showing out his teeth.
No doubt the five years spent with Aiden is something I will want to repeat in my next world but who knows, if I will still say exactly these words after telling Aiden about my emotions tonight. Staring into his eyes.

"No Aiden, I meant the dinner date". I have known Aiden for half a decade and ever since then we have gone on countless dinner dates most time an indoor dinner date, believe me when I say no strings attached. oops, my nose might grow longer than this.

"Okay, what will you prefer instead of a dinner date?" Now the opportunity is right in front of me.
"A little competition won't be bad." Trying everything possible to beat around the bush. Aiden burst out into laughter now I wonder what's funny haha. "I mean like a paintball, chess, or snooker." I said with my eyebrows raised. it's obvious he wanted to laugh out loud but he held it in, which made his face look like a bolted fish.

The last time I held a snooker ball, I was 12 years my school had to prepare for a sports competition, and ever since then, I have no idea about that game. I said it because I know how much of an addict Aiden is becoming when it comes to that game.
But if you can read my mind out loud it's a paintball game and nothing more.

"I know you were going to say that" he says, acting like one who has a supernatural insight. "Okay, I promise we will."
I noticed Aiden has been wearing a smile ever since this evening. Oh, heavens give me a sign, should I tell him about it or I should keep my lips closed.
I Looked straight into Aiden's eyes but my courage keeps ceasing to function. Now I remembered Maria believed in me.

"Aiden I have something to tell you, I have something to say." I kept rehearsing this conversation on my mind.

When I finally summon the courage, my name rolled out of his mouth.

"Daisy, I have something to tell you." He says acting a little bit shy. No, this is not the Aiden I know.

"Go on." I said, sipping a glass of wine.

"I'm officially in a relationship." He said. I yearned to throw out the wine I had in my mouth but thanks to table manners. "I'm seeing someone Daisy". I have to try everything conceivable not to let Aiden know how fragile my spirit feels at the moment.

THANKS FOR READING FRIENDS.
PLS DON'T FORGET TO VOTE, SHARE THE LINK AND DROP YOUR COMMENTS.
I LOVE YOU ALL.