Orochimaru - 15

"Well, I guess it's time I explain everything..." said Naruto.

Sasuke, who was lying with him on the bed looked up.

He didn't want to pressure Naruto into telling him anything but he really wanted to know.

"Let's start from the beginning, after Itachi-san's death, we found a letter from the killer, basically informing us that he was the one behind it"

Sasuke nodded.

"Remember that one lead I found a few months later? Well, the information was correct but we needed permission from someone in the higher-ups, and because it took so long, the killer found out that we know and covered his tracks..."

"So it wasn't exactly a dead end?" Asked Sasuke.

Naruto hummed in response.

"After that incident, I received another letter, it was from the killer too, but it was a death threat, a threat to my life, and a threat to your safety"

Sasuke tensed up, he knew damn well which letter Naruto was talking about.

"Ne, Sasuke, you do know that I know you read it, right?"

Sasuke buried his head into Naruto's chest, avoiding the question.

"Damn you and your special ability" he said.

Naruto chuckled.

"Okay, so no need to explain further on that, but after that, the killer didn't contact us again, and we kinda entered a huge slump, no one could find anything, the killer was meticulous and covered up his tracks very well"

"Hn" Sasume hummed thoughtfully.

"But strangely, the killing had stopped, so it became that much harder to track him down"

Sasuke tightened his grip around Naruto.

"That was until about two weeks ago, just before you took me to the hospital, that was when I finally realized that I really am the next victim, it's when I started trying to write a letter to you, which I'm assuming you also read"

"I-"

"It's okay, Sas' if it wasn't for you reading the 2 letters we wouldn't have discovered the truth"

"What?"

"That night, after you read that letter, you had a dream..."

Sasuke tensed again, he had suppressed that deep in his mind and forced himself to not think about it.

Now that Naruto had mentioned it again, he felt like throwing up again.

Sasuke scrambled off the bed and went to the bathroom, he barely got there in time to empty his stomach's contents into the toilet.

He took a while to catch his breath as the disgusting taste of bile filled his mouth.

He was breathing fast as he wiped any excess on his face.

Naruto slowly got out of bed and followed to the bathroom.

"Are you okay?"

"Hn" was all Sasuke could say.

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to make you remember..."

"Hn" was Sasuke's response, he meant to say 'it's fine' but couldn't get the words out.

"Do you need a moment? I can explain the rest later-"

"No"

"Are you sure?"