[1] sᴛɪʟʟ ᴀ ᴄʜɪʟᴅ

you were always a weak child, you spent most of your time in your home with your mother and grandparents.

you were energetic still, with some people.

at the age of one you learned how to walk, at the age of two you knew how to form sentences and speak clearly. the reason for this is that your grandparents found the baby talk unnecessary and spoke to you as if you were a child that could understand them.

if not for your mother insisting to wait until you were at the right age of kindergarten you would've been at first grade by age four.

you've always been smarter than many kids your age, better at more things that they would learn in fourth grade.

but despite that, you were weak, fragile, and sickly.

the first time your mother was away for a short period of time your system had had a shock.

you had cried so much which resulted in severe water lost, the same night when your mother saw that you had trouble breathing she knew you had lung problems.

and so you were diagnosed with asthma and bronchitis at the age of three.

your mother flew to another country to provide for you, 'temporarily' leaving you in your grandparent's care at age four.

a year later you found bright bulbs in a stand in the center of your living room, flowers on the floor, a white box in the middle with a portrait of your mother above it.

you thought the figure of your mother was just sleeping, and you were overjoyed to see she was home.

a week later you realised, your mother was never coming back.

at age five, you were permanently away from your mother.

"mommy, it's glowing" you pointed your stubby fingers at the glow in the dark star stickers your mother bought.

you were both under a blanket.

"it is isn't it? you wanna help me stick it on the ceiling?" she laughed.

your mouth formed an 'o' and you eagerly nodded as you held your mother's finger.

and so you cried, you were still a child after all.