Prologue

I slowly open my eyes. Everything around me is blurry but dark so I wasn't able to see anything. I feel myself lying on a hard surface. I was asleep on a tiled floor not knowing what happened to me. I assumed that I maybe was partying but became drunk but my mind couldn't remember going to any sort of party. I stand up and feel around for a light switch. Instead of finding a light switch, I feel a door. I open it slowly just to see...

Destruction. Complete destruction. Every building around was either completely destroyed or on fire. My arm begins to sting and I notice a deep cut. How did this happen? What even happened? I look around the area for any people but it seemed nobody was near. I scream out for help. My voice echoes as nobody was near to approach me.

I fall to the ground thinking this may be the end of my life. Tears form in my eyes but not long after, I hear footsteps coming towards my direction. My body was too weak to react; too weak to move. All I could do was look up to see who was coming for me. I get a glimpse of men in strange looking suits.

"A survivor... I didn't think we'd find a survivor in this area after searching many hours. It turns out he's the only one here. Come on, let's pick him up and get him out of here." The one man picks me up and throws me over his shoulder as if I didn't weigh anything. I began to struggle but couldn't escape his strong grip over me.

"No! Wait! Don't go! Please stop! What about my friends and family?! Are they..."

Everything just went black. I was knocked unconscious so I was unable to struggle or escape.

As I began to open my eyes again, I find myself lying in a strange place. An infirmary? Was everything I just saw a dream? What's happening? I sit up and rub my eyes.

I notice the cut on my arm has been completely healed. So it maybe was a dream... I then look around to notice I'm in a cell. A prison cell to be exact. I begin to shake intensely and scream uncontrollably.

My eyes wouldn't blink... My mouth wouldn't close... I was in a complete panic state.

"Umm... Are you okay...?" I hear a soft voice. A voice of a girl. I look up to the cell opposite of mine. It was dark so I couldn't see the face of the one calling out to me. But I decided to answer anyways.

"No... Just a minute ago I was... At home. Now I'm here?! What the hell happened to me?!"

There was a long pause before I got a response. "Our world was destroyed by meteorites... I don't know how many survivors there are but... Life from another world saved us."

I had no words. Earth... Destroyed...? So the scene I saw... Of everything being destroyed was real. Tears start to form in my eyes. "So everyone... My friends and family are dead...?"

"I'm not sure about that. They might be one of the survivors here but I don't know. We can only hope and wait... Everyone that knew me had died so I don't have any hope. Never had any from the start anyways."

I hear the pain and suffering in that voice of hers. It was shaky like she was trying to hold her sadness in. My heart begins to ache when I hear about what this girl had to go through. "I'm so sorry about that..."

"It's okay. I just hope... That I'm able to fit into this world. It was already so difficult to fit into Earth with all the cruel people we had."

I stay silent not knowing what to say. I can't say that I'm in the same situation as her as I don't know if any of my close ones are alive. But I really do feel bad for her.

I then realised the situation we're in and a question was brought up quickly. "Hey... We were saved right? Then why are we in a prison cell being held captive if we were saved?!"