Chapter 4: Shinobi & Shinigami

The sun rose to present an early morning over Karakura Town. It was a typical morning that brought on a sense of normalcy on accounts to nothing of significance happening at the moment.

Within one of the rooms in the Urahara shop, Mizuki awakens to find Yoruichi once again sleeping on her stomach. It started a week ago. Every night the little black cat would manage sneak her way into the room and sleep beside her or on top of her like now. She didn't mind it much; she just found the routine peculiar.

"I can feel you staring." Yoruichi states without even opening her eyes.

"Not staring. Observing." Mizuki retorts.

"Oh?" Yoruichi asks, opening one of her eyes.

"You sneak into my room every night just to sleep next to or on top of me. Why is that?" Mizuki asks.

"Like I said, you've caught my interest, Mizuki," Yoruichi responds with a yawn as she hops off Mizuki's stomach and moves up, licking Mizuki on the cheek with a Cheshire smile "Keeping an eye on you in this way is par for the course."

Mizuki knew there was more to it than that. Those golden eyes knew more than they were letting on. It wasn't the sense of distrust that she would naturally get with the likes of Orochimaru that Yoruichi gave off, no, her vibe was mischievous and playful in nature. Something that didn't scream danger, but would surely keep her on her toes.

"Alright, then. You're free to do as you wish." Mizuki replies as she gets up with a yawn.

"Heading off to shower?" Yoruichi asks, watching Mizuki pick up her towel.

"Last time I was late, Jinta finished all the hot water. While not a problem for my body, I still prefer hot showers. They're nice." Mizuki responded as slid the room door open.

"Shall I join you this time?" Yoruichi asked.

Mizuki stepped out of the room and turned to smile at Yoruichi, "No thank you."

With that, Mizuki slid the door shut. Yoruichi chuckled as she laid down on Mizuki's pillow and sighed at the tantalizing aroma.

~

Breakfast within the Urahara shop was...chaotic, for the lack of a better word. Urahara would always tend to tease or ridicule Jinta in some way and as expected Jinta would respond in an angry rant or some kind of utensil or food would manage to get thrown around, Ururu would try to keep the peace and calm Jinta down to no avail, Tessai acting as the adult in the situation would try to reprimand all three of them also to no avail while Mizuki ate in silence while occasionally feeding Yoruichi bits of her food.

Although it hadn't been long, Mizuki did feel a sense of togetherness around the chaotic group. Whether it be their chaotic nature or the similarities they shared with people from her world, didn't matter really. She was just glad that there were so many good people to be found in this world.

After breakfast, Mizuki bid them goodbye and left for school. It wasn't really a long walk, but the neighborhood streets were quiet and she appreciated the calmness of the walk.

"Yo." Ichigo greeted, meeting up with her as usual.

"Good morning, Ichigo." Mizuki greeted.

"What's so good about it?" Ichigo asks.

"Nothing." Mizuki replies.

"True." Ichigo responds.

They didn't have to talk much to understand one another. While they were friends, they also recognized that they both tend to be quiet people and every time they would walk to school, they would acknowledge one another and respect each other's silence.