CH2

As I found myself standing behind AJ, surrounded by friends we began to hype up the boys on the dance floor. AJ turned around with a playful smile and said, "Woah woah Shawty, I don't roll that way, but if you don't mind switching places with me then I'd be down for that."
I couldn't help but tease him back, "Shut up, AJ, but you do have a fat ass." Laughter erupted from our group as the boys looked at us with curiosity. "Yooooo why are you staring?" they asked, clearly amused by the banter between AJ and me.
Feeling empowered by the support of my ladies "Say moms if u don't do it to," the guys replied with, "We don't like him, though," they shot back as they chuckled, trying to play it off cool. "You know you man are dumb niggas right".

POV switch to AJ

A Day of Misunderstandings and Reconciliation

"yo ma square up Mina looked me up and down and said, "I'm to classy to be fighting dumb niggas," and then she started to walk away. The gang whispered, "ohhhhh,"Mina just called me and my boys' dumb niggas this girl is dumb. As she walked away, I couldn't shake off the disrespect she showed. Mina's attitude confuses me. Was she always like this?
Attempting to ease my frustration, I headed towards the swings. Amidst my inner thoughts, Moyo's voice broke through, questioning my well-being "Nigga u good?". Although I claimed to be fine, "Yeah man, I'm straight," Aiden's insensitive comments stoked the fire within me "Nigga no the hell you're not," He continued speaking even after I demanded him to stop, saying things like, "Your girl caught an attitude with you," which is why  I'm was acting out. Moyo said, "Yeah, you only act like this with Mina."

Taking matters into my own hands, I confronted Mina, hoping to resolve the tension. However, her unexpected compliance caught me off guard. Sitting next to her, I gently asked her why she had an attitude towards me.
As she accused me of calling her fat, "no we're going to chat is that cool with you yea ok." Then it occurred to me, "nah, theses niggas trippin."To my amazement, Mina did not move when I placed her down next to the swing. I sat down and told her "girl stop staring and sit your lil ass down," Mina said, "Boy, my ass is not little please," but she still chose to sit next to me when I sat down and demanded her to stop gazing and sit down. She looked aside when I said, "Why did you catch attitude with me?" She said, "I didn't." I've never responded so quickly in my life. "GIRL, yes you did, and look at me," I said, gently grazing her chin to allow her to look directly into my eyes. "Did I say something, and if so, I'm sorry," the girl said, looking directly into my eyes. "You called me fat," she repeated, confusing me, and making me go, "huh." "NO I DIDN'T I SAID HOW ARE YOU NOT FAT," she cried back, "SAME THING," "NO IT'S NOT EVEN IF YOU WERE, I DON'T CARE LIKE BABE SIT DOWN." I had called her fat, but then I realised and enjoyed it cause that ass jk.

The others heard and said, "Oh sh*t," but I chose to ignore them. Even if she couldn't believe it, Mina was shocked and said, "You still called me fat sooo." "All right, ma, I understand. I wasn't body-shaming you, regardless of what you think. I apologise if it got you to feel that way; I was joking". She hugged me and appeared pleased now.

Miss Lee Kim remarked shortly afterward, "Guys, it's becoming late. The gang came up to us and shouted, "YAY YOUR FRIENDS AGAIN." "We should go home and call the GC." Before the girls left for their homes, Rihanna and Aiden gave a group hug and said, "I'm going to miss you guys." We all walked home together. Up until the girl went a different direction, it was just my boys and I at that time.

Time skip:

As I finally arrived at my house, exhaustion weighing heavy on my shoulders, I called out for my family, hoping to hear their familiar voices. The house felt different though, quiet and somewhat empty. Khadijah, my younger sister, was engrossed in her favourite TV show in the living room, the Disney Channel playing in the background.
"Hey Mrs. Pookie Bear," she exclaimed as I walked past her, a nickname we had shared since childhood. I chuckled and responded, "Hey Mrs. Pookie Bear." The house was unusually still, my brother's absence was noticable. I wandered into the kitchen to find my mother with pots and pans, the aroma of okra soup filling the air.
"Hey Mama, you okay?" I asked, concern lacing my voice. My mother turned, a warm smile on her face. "Yes, Akeem, I'm fine, thank you. How was your day?" she asked, her eyes filled with motherly affection.
"I'm okay, just tired," I replied, a sense of relief washing over me in her presence. After a brief exchange, I excused myself and made my way to my room, the comfort of home wrapping around me like a familiar blanket.
In the quiet of my room, I reflected on the day's events, grateful for the simple moments shared with my family. Despite the absence of my older brother, I found solace in the laughter and love that filled our home, knowing that no matter where life took us, family would always be the anchor that kept us grounded.