Chapter Five

"Fuck

"Fuck." My palm striked the wood of the table with a loud thwack as the newscaster reported the latest headlines in Italian.

Imagine my surprise when I saw my face plastered across the screen as today's breaking news. It seemed like the first thing that I'd have to do was find a lawyer over here in London since my previous lawyer was no good now that my father was dead.

"You done throwing a tantrum?" Luca asked with a bored expression on his face as he licked his fingers clean of the buttered toast that we'd had for breakfast.

"Is that what you call this? When you find out that you've suddenly become famous for a crime you didn't commit?" I seethed, furious at his indifference.

"Relax. We'll find a lawyer and wrap this stupid case up in no time. After which we'll hunt down the little son of a bitch that dared to mess with us."

That thought calmed me as I slowly sat down on the couch, my LED TV screen still displaying one of the local news channels in Palermo. I really couldn't wait to find the fucker that had instigated this shit - the same man who was involved in Tommaso's disappearance and Abramo's escape. I'd hunt him down and kill him, alright.

My fingers itched to grab onto the remote and shut off the TV, but I held back, wanting to see what other lies they were spouting about me. It was best that I was prepared for this anyways.

"Are there any well known criminal lawyers here?" I asked Luca as he turned to face me.

"Yeah, I think there are a couple. Though, I think we should do some research and pick the best one."

Obviously. I needed the best legal counsel I could get on my case, especially since money wasn't an issue. It never was and it never would be. I guess there really were some perks of being in the mafia.

Within a couple of seconds, I heard the familiar clacking of Luca typing away on my laptop.

"Found something."

My attention was torn away from the screen as I scooted over to Luca, his eyes focused on the name of the firm in front of him. Pearson & Associates.

"It says over here that it's one of the best law firms in the city, specialising in criminal law."

I hummed as the wheels in my brain turned. Pearson & Associates. Why did that name sound so familiar? I felt like I'd seen it before. And that's when it hit me. This was the firm where Gianna currently worked - at least if my men had reported that to me correctly.

Merda. I felt a pang spread through my chest at the mere thought of seeing her. Would I even see her there? I mean, from what I gathered, the firm was huge and had well over 3,000 experienced lawyers. She'd just graduated law school, so the chances of me meeting her were slim to none. But...there was no harm in trying, right?