The Paradox

Apparently it was a normal day to everyone else, but not to me...

I walked outside, feeling the cold crisp air biting my skin.  I saw my friend Kaylea walking towards me from across the street.  She was beautiful with a mixture of colors in her long hair and her eyes as blue as the sleeping sky. We met each other in the middle of the street.

The long walk to the bus stop went wrong.  We never suspected it.  The car saw us before we saw it. 

I heard screaming and saw lights all around me.  I slowly got up from my resting place.  What were all these people doing here? I thought as my vision cleared and I saw many people moving.  A woman came over to me, "She's waking up."  Two more people came over to examine me.  "Get the shot, we need her to sleep."  One man left my side and came back with a needle.  I moved in protest.  "Hold her", the woman said.  The men held my arms and legs as the needle was slowly injected into my soft skin.  I tried to force myself to stay awake, but I felt the medicine draining in me like a poison.  My eyes blurred once more as I fell into a deep sleep; my last thought was Kaylea Where was she?

I woke to a pounding head and the smell of hospital.  Where am I?  was the pressing question.  What happened?  A woman came over to me, she had a lab coat on and was carrying a needle.  This seemed very familiar to me.  What was going on?  She came closer and said, "You can't wake stranger.  He isn't ready for you yet."  Her voice felt soothing and made my eyes droop.  The injection coursed through me yet again.

I was in a plush chair, my hands and legs were tied to the chair.  I look up and notice the room around me.  It was a fairly large room.  In front of me was a desk with an old man behind it.  He was staring at me with his old eyes, "Where am I?" I ask trying to move my hands, "and why am I tied down?"

"What an odd question," he said stroking his white beard, "you should know that you are a welcome guest here."

"If I am a guest then why don't I get water and cookies then?" I started moving harder against the bands.

"It is no use to move.  Now I need to ask you how you got here.  Where do you come from?"

"I come from Earth, duh.  I should be asking you how I got here, where is my family and my friend?  The last thing I remember is getting in a car crash."

"Blah! Too many questions, but a car crash, interesting." He said this with a pondering look, "Take her away I am done asking questions."

Two men came and grabbed my bands and cut them with strange knifes.  "Where am I going to be taken?"  I looked up at the men's faces, but what I saw were not normal men faces, but they had no faces at all.  I screamed in terror.  "No!! Don't take me! Help!" I look to the old man, but he is gone.  I have to get home!  I kept moving in protest to their touch. 

They dragged me out into the hall way.  There were many people or should I say things working.  A woman came up to us, "Let her go right now!"  I was suddenly released.  I fell to the floor, rubbing my wrists.  "Do you need help?" the woman said in a kind voice and lending me a hand.

"No, thank you though." I got up, "Where am I? What are those things?" I motion to the men that had pulled me.

"Oh them, well they are servsnts." She smiles at me and says, "Come lets get you a bath and some clean clothes, then we will see that you get a room."

I follow her down many corridors.  I tried to count how many 'servants' I saw, but there were too many to count.  I noticed that this place was bigger than a castle!  We passed a huge room that had a ceiling that looked as high as the sky.