Chapter 1

( A/N Btw ^^^^^^ best scene in the whole dam [hehe] series!)
Merlin's POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
While I was washing Arthur's clothes, I had a flashback of that day:

3rd Person POV
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Prince Merlin was turning 16 summers in 2 days. The whole kingdom was in an early celebration as all love Merlin, as he was kind and thought of every person as equals. His knights often use his titles to annoy him as he hates them. All he is, is a regular boy that lives in a fancier house than most, eat fancier good than most and had a but more responsibility and you had a common young boy. At least, that is what Merlin would like to think was true.

Many of the knights decided that the only way to decide who would wake the prince and future king. He was scary when he woke up if he was woken up in a way he did not like. Which was the only way the knights knew of how to wake him...
" OK! KNIGHTS, THIS WILL BE THE HARDEST QUEST OF ALL, THERE IS A GREAT CHANCE WE WILL DIE OR NEVER RETURN! IT IS WAKING THE PRINCE!" One of the knights screamed to the others.
" WAIT! What is so bad about waking the prince? Surely he is not that bad" one of the newer knights spoke up.

"AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH"
Screamed the newer knight as he ran from the prince's chambers. The other knights were howling in laughter at the look of pure terror on the newer knights face.

In a short time the prince was exiting his chambers with a look that said he was angry. As he was about to yell at the knight for letting the young knight wake him, the warning bells sounded.

Merlin and the knights looked at each other and suited up. Unlike most kingdoms, not all the knights are of noble blood, in fact, most of the knights were peasants.

The prince ran to find his father and he found him on his throne. His uncle was there, holding his sword threateningly at Merlin's father.
" Uncle" Merlin said with disgust in his voice.
" Hello dear nephew. How is that dear mother of yours" his uncle sneered, while smirking.
Merlin cursed himself. How could he forget to check on his mother?
" I will be back father" Merlin said and raced to find his mother.

Merlin found his mother eventually and saw she was about to be attacked by one of his uncle's men. Merlin quickly defeated him, getting slashed on an old wound on his back. He made sure his mother was alright while she demanded he go to a healer.

Merlin agreed and made his way to a healer, dragging his mother with him. When they got there, the healer stitched up his back and left Merlin a tiny bit to grab something for the pain. Little did Merlin know, his mother and the knights convinced the healer to give him a sleeping drought so they could take him to safety, knowing he would never leave willingly.

Even at a young age, Merlin was more skillful, wise, and cunning than all of the knights. Merlin had even trained the knights himself! Soon they had figured out how.

When Merlin was knocked out, Sir Philip, his son William, and Merlin's Mother left for the place his mother stayed before she had met Balinor and became queen. Ealdor, of Cendred's kingdom.

* End of flash back*