Starcourt Mall ఌ

Readers pronouns are she/her for this story!

Maxs POV~

I was on top of the world. Everything was great. I was finally getting along with Eleven, there were no stupid boys telling me what to do, I could definitely get used to this.

Me and Eleven had just came out of JCPenny with our arms linked. I had bought these red glasses and Eleven had bought a couple cool clothing pieces.

Our next stop was the infamous Scoops Ahoy. Where Steve worked. To me he was pretty badass. We walked into Scoops Ahoy to be greeted by a annoyed Steve. "Thanks" we both said as we were handed our ice cream. "Wait a minute." He hesitated, "Are you even aloud to be here?" He stated while looking at Eleven. We both started to laugh as we ran out with our ice cream.

We kept walking around the mall a little bit until something caught our eye. A couple older girls were surrounding this h/c girl. They seemed to be bothering her by the uncomfortable look on her face. "El stay here." I said as I started to walk towards the scene. "Hey shitheads!" I yelled. They all turned around as the girl looked up at me. "Stay out of this freak!" One of the girls yelled. All of a sudden, just like magic, one of the girls milkshake exploded. I looked at El to see her nose bleeding as she quickly wiped it. I smirked as I grabbed the h/c girls arm and ran to El.

"Holy shit what just happened?!" the h/c girl exclaimed. "I have no idea." I lied. We were all just kinda staring awkwardly at each-other. "Well I'm Max!" I chimed in hoping to lower the tension. Luckily the h/c girl smiled softly. "I'm y/n! And thank you so much for helping me back there." I gave her a nod as El chimed in. "And I'm E-", "ELENOR" I interrupted. El gave me a confused look as I kept smiling. "Well uh- do you wanna hang out with us?"
I asked. She looked around for a second, "yeah! I would like that". She said while smiling.

Y/Ns POV~

Well. I guess I have friends now! I was new to Hawkins. My family had just moved from California. And I was having a hard time adjusting. I decided to come to the mall to check out some stuff when I got cornered by these girls. When this red head saved my ass.

We were walking down the mall when max stopped in dead in her tracks. "Oh you have got to be shitting me." Max said while looking towards 3 boys grabbing there bikes.

"Well isn't this a nice surprise?" Max said slowly walking towards them. This one boy dropped his bike and pointed at Elenor, "What are you doing here?!" He said sounding mad. I already did not like him. "Shopping" she responded glaring at the boy. Max smirked, "this is her new style, what do you think?" She stated. "What is wrong with you?!" He said a bit to loud for my liking.

"You know she's not aloud to be here! And who's the girl?" He said looking over at me. "This is our new friend, Y/N." Max said while smiling over at me. "Whatever, back to what we were saying, she isn't. Aloud. To. Be. Here." He responded while getting a bit quieter. "What is she your little pet?" Max said while getting more defensive. "Yeah, am I your pet?" Elenor responded. "What no!" He yelled.

"Why do you treat me like garbage!" Elenor exclaimed. "What?" He responded. "You said nana was sick." At this point I was extremely confused. The other boy started defending mike. "She is! She is sick!". He exclaimed. "You. Lie." Elenor said. "Why do you lie?" Elenor exclaimed. We heard one of the buses pull up as Elenor looked back at it. She slowly turned back around and slowly walked up to whoever the boy was. "I dump your ass." She stated as she started walking away.

As we got on the bus we all high-fived. "Who ever where those boys!" I asked mid laughing session. Max turned to me. "That boy Elev- Elenor was talking to was mike. Her Boyfriend NOW ex. And the one who defended him was Lucas, my ex, and the bowl cut one was will, we are all kinda sorta a friend group I guess." I laughed as I looked up at max, who had a light flush of pink on her face.

Max's POV~

As I was watching Y/N laughed I felt my face get hot, and butterflies form in my stomach. WHAT! No that's wrong. Absolutely wrong. But I couldn't help but stare. "D-do you wanna have a sleepover with me and Elenor tonight?" I asked. She looked up at me and smiled. "My guardians couldn't care less where I was, I'm down!" She said while giving a big smile. With that same hotness coming to my face again.

End of first chapter! I tried to make things as accurate as I could! The plot line might change a little bit tho cause it's kind of difficult to go word for word, pretty much same events as season 3 will go down. <333