5 - Hope is my Home.

Elise's pov:

"Good morning students! As you all know, tomorrow is the full moon. To our few new werewolf students, every werewolf comes at about 10 pm to the cellar, were our turning..." Doctor Saltzman informs us at the morning assembly.

He suspended the four guys who assaulted me yesterday. They were gone early this morning.

I get distracted from Doc Saltzman's speech, when i see Hope two rows in front of me. My gaze stays on her for like half a minute before Josie, who is sitting right next to me whispers:
"You have a thing for her, don't you?" In a playful tone.

"No, I don't have a "thing" for her. W-we're just friends."

"Right. That is why you're staring at her." She laughs.

"I'm totally not." I respond, trying to seem annoyed. I definitely have a thing for her.

She looks at me and rolls her eyes, then turns her focus back to her dad.

I continue to look at the young Mikaelson, who turns her head to face mine. I quickly look at Doctor Saltzman.

"I also want to remind everyone about next week's football game." Alaric reminds us. I hear several "ughh"s and whispers.

"I know that this isn't exactly the most pleasant time of the year, but to fit in just enough, we must do this." He continued.

"Yeah but why do we have to suck at it?" Some boy the same age as me yells.

"Like I say every year: the town's people think that this school is for troubled rich kids, and we must keep that illusion in their heads." Doc Saltzman argues.
                                •
"Hey Hope, wait up" I yell at her from the end of the hall. She stops, clearly annoyed at something.

"I'm sorry, I have to be — somewhere."
She says.

"It will have wait. So uhm... about this morning, I —"

"It would be good if we just forgot about it, right?" She suggests.

"Uhm right, e-exactly. That is what I was gonna say."

"Great." She smiles.

"Soo uh, I'll see you around?" I ask.

"Y-yeah. Sure."

                                •

I did not see her around.

It's been 4 days and I've seen her for the total of 2 times, both in classes.

She is clearly avoiding me.

"Elise, right?" Someone asks. I turn around and see Nathan. He is the kid who Hope and Alaric went to pick up.

"Yeah, what's up?"

"Uhm hey, so this is kind of awkward, but since you umm... are Hope's friend, I was just wondering if — if she is seeing someone..?"

"Yes." I lie.

"Oh. Uhm yea of course she is."
"Wait, who?" He continues.

Oh no... uhm...

"This old guy from... New Orleans."

"Old guy?" He wonders.

"Yeah you know like 25 or something."

"Right." Nathan says and squints his eyes.

Hope's pov:

I do not know what to do.

I kissed her, and I really wanted to do that, but I didn't want to do that. It's all really confusing right now.