Chapter 5

Chapter 5

September 29th 2.11 a.m

Jill looked out of the train windows looking at things passing by fast.She was thinking about the look that David gave her. It reminded her of someone. Before she could think any further she heard Nicholai and Mikhail begin to speak to one another.

"You don't really think a pencil-pusher like Bard is still alive, do you?" Nicholai asked curiously.

"I have it on good authority." Mikhail answered cryptically before sitting down and continuing. "Why? Are you worried about teammates? Or something else?" Mikhail asked accusingly.

Jill began to pay more attention as Mikhail continued.

"Funny how brainless zombies can ambush a platoon like that. Funny the gate was locked. Don't you think?" Mikhail stated with clear malice.

Nicholai said nothing, only giving Mikhail a grin and a soft laugh.

Before anything else could happen a massive explosion hit the train and the back train car filled with civilians.

"What was that?" Jill asked frantically while walking up to Mikhail. Not noticing that Nicholai was backing away.

Jill looked to the train car and saw the 10 foot tall beast standing there surrounded by the corpses of multiple civilians.

"How is this fucker not dead yet?!" Jill yelled out in anger as she was walking towards the train car, however Mikhail quickly held her back.

"Jill no. They're gone. Come. This way." Mikhail said quickly as he directed her towards the front of the train.

Jill quickly turned and ran to the font but saw that Nicholai was closing the door and locking it behind him. Trapping her and Mikhail in the second train car.

"Nicholai what are you doing?" Jill worriedly asked

Nicholai merely smirked at her from behind the glass. "It's not after me." he stated then and bid her farewell.

"Nicholai!" Jill yelled out before hearing gunshots from behind her.

With Perez

Perez had felt the explosion that rocked the train. He wondered what was going on back there. While standing at the controls he heard a knock on the door to the control room. He looked to his left and saw Nicholai.

Opening the door Perez looked at Nicholai.

"Nicholai what the hell is going on back there?" Perez asked, demanding an answer.

"Beast came after the train. It destroyed the train carrying the civilians." Nicholai answered with little emotion in his voice.

Stepping out of the control room and turning his back to Nicholai. Perez looked behind to see a massive creature impale Mikhail in the chest and pull him towards it.

Before Perez could see anything else. Nicholai called out to him. "Perez."

Perez turned and was met with the barrel of a gun barely 3 inches away from his head.

The trigger was pulled along with the click of an explosive detonator.

What followed was a devastating crash.

2:34 a.m RPD West Gate

David, Carlos, and Tyrell had made it to the RPD. They approach quietly not wanting to attract any attention.

"It's been awhile. Subways gotta be clear of the city now." Carlos started looking behind them.

"Along with your hot date?" Tyrell asked jokingly.