Chapter 8: Xavier's Investigation

"Flash Back"

Xavier's POV

As soon as Jessie and her gang left, I knew that there was something that I was missing.

Is it really possible that Sofia was evil enough to do all those or that Ciara really did do all that she did?

To be honest, I don't really think that Sofia did it because she is our friend since dippers. On the other hand, it could be her because sometimes she can be very possessive over Skyler. Ever since Ciara came she has been worse than the west gate.

Ciara couldn't have done it either because she is too passionate and caring for others to do so. On the other hand, it could've been her since she is the only one who knew about that picture and lately she has been getting all the popularity.

"At Break"

We were having our first break and I spotted Jessie and her team at one of the cafeteria tables. I walked towards them and they didn't look so pleased to see me.

"Hi."

"What do you want King!?", asked Shakira unhappy to see me.

"I just wanted to ask Jessie a few things. In private if that's okay."

All the girls looked at Jessie waiting to see if she is cool with that. She sighed with annoyance as she stood up and walked with me to the school quad.

"What do you want?", she asked.

"I wanted to ask what you meant when you said that I was blind this morning?"

"I meant exactly what I said", replied Jessie.

" I don't get it, why would you think Sofia did it?"

Jessie chuckled while looking at me with rage in her eyes.

"That girl is a with Harold King", she said. "I feel sorry for you and Skyler. You are so blind to see the truth. I know that Sofia did it. I don't even need proof for that."

"How are you so sure that it wasn't Ciara? You've only known the girl for 3 months."

"Says the guy who is always flirting with her", said Jessie. "If I didn't know better Mr King I would say you have  a thing for my friend."

I didn't know what to say and I couldn't talk. She caught me of guard and I didn't think that she might have that idea of me. There was a long pause of silence between us and Jessie smirked.

"How pathetic of you", she said. "You're crushing on the same girl that you are accusing for committing crimes. I actually fell Sorry for you Xavier because thanks to your foolishness, you might not have that same relationship you had with Ciara as before."

She was about to walk away but she turned and glanced at me. Then she smirked again.

"Redeem yourself", was all she said before leaving.

Ciara's POV

I was crying in my room for about an hour now in the Jet. I haven't even realized it.

I then heard footsteps approaching my room and knocking on the door.

"Sweetie, please open the door", she said. "Mom wants to talk to you."

I didn't want to see anyone at the moment. I couldn't face my parents right know. I'm sure that they are so disappointed in me.

"Honey please", said my mom. "Open the door. Let me and you talk."

I still refused to open the door.

"Ciara", said my mom. "We aren't mad at you. We know that you didn't do anything wrong. We aren't disappointed in you. We know you were framed. Just please open the door honey."

I stood up and opened the door. As soon as I saw my mother, I jumped into her arms and bursted with tears.

"I'm scared mom. I...I'm not sure if I can make it. My future, my destiny and my dreams, destroyed, crushed, gone. All because I let my guard down. I'm sorry mom. I let you and dad both down."

"No, no, no", said my mom. "Don't say that, it isn't your fault. Just tell me what happened okay."

I nodded and wiped my tears as I told my mom everything from the beginning.

Xavier's POV

This is too frustrating. I can't even find one clue leading to the person who did all this nonsense.

I went to the security room to check the camera footage but it seems that I was outsmarted. The culprit deleted all the security footage of when the incident happened. All I found was black lipstick with a missing cap.

After school, I went to Sofia's locker to go talk to her, but she sounded pretty normal and non- suspicious to me.

I asked her were she was at the time of the incident and she said that she went to a K- pop concert with her friends.

"Why are you asking me all these questions Xavier?", asked Sofia. "Don't you trust me?"

"Ofcourse I do Sofia. We grew up together but this is for your own good. I need to prove your innocence."

"Awwww", said Sofia. "That's so kind of you Xav but there is no need."

Sofia slammed her locker shut as one of her tickets fell to the ground. I picked it up for her and left for my dorm.

The information that Sofia gave me was reasonable and she is a k-pop fan. Maybe she didn't do it at all.

As I was resting my body on my bed, Skyler budged in, without knocking looking annoyed.

"You knock for a reason Skyler."

"Why would you do that to Sofia?", asked Skyler."Why would you think it was her who did all those things?"

"I didn't so anything to Sof mann. Plus we can't be sure if she is guilty or innocent."

"She is our friend Xavier", said Skyler.

"That doesn't prove her innocence Skyler"

"You know what!?", said Skyler. "Let me just let you be. When you lose Sofia as a friend, don't come back crying to me", said Skyler as he left.

It kinda depends if she is innocent or not Skyler. And you better hope she is.