Heyi and Zhongli

Random story I made up in my head because of Flow of Mildness

Zhongli sat at a small bamboo table in Dihua Marsh with one hand holding a small cup of wine. Surrounding him, yellow wildflowers swayed in the wind. From where he sat, he could see the glorious Wangshu Inn standing in the distance. He knew that silk flowers would always be found next to the inn. Had he not been reminiscing about the past, he would've had a drink at Wangshu inn and not in Dihua Marsh, where it's solitary. However, Dihua Marsh held a special piece of his memories and he wanted to feel it again.

*****

2000 years ago, when the archon war ended, Morax felt lost as to what he should do. The war that dragged on for more than a thousand years has finally come to a conclusion, but it was unfamiliar for the God of War, who only knew slaughter and blood. His feelings were numbed by the loss of his friend, Guizhong. Morax didn't know how much it actually saddened him to see her go, but as times were now at peace, he felt like he couldn't go without her. He realized that all this time, he who was at war for thousands of years was only just longing to return to his home in Minlin, and to be with his friends.

Now that Morax was left alone, Minlin didn't feel like his home anymore. He wanted to traverse across Liyue and see the sights that his friends weren't able to see. As he walked along the path of Dihua Marsh, he witnessed a girl offer silk flowers to his statue. He wanted to laugh; why would anyone offer him flowers after he's slaughtered so many Gods with his own spear? The girl looked like in her early 20s. Her face carried a small smile as she kneeled and prayed to her God, Morax. Unbeknownst to her, the actual Morax was standing right behind her, hidden in plain sight.

Just when she turned around, she caught sight of a young male who reminded her of a wealthy young master. This young man was dressed in plain clothes, but she could easily discern luxury fabrics from rugged textiles. His robes were made of fine silk and dyed light cornflower blue. He carried an air of intimidation around him, but hidden within the scary aura lies elegance and grace.

The girl, on the other hand, carried a gentle air to her. She wore a long black and yellow dress and her long black hair was fastened with a jade hair pin, carved to look like a tree branch. She smiled when she saw Morax.

"Hello, mister. Are you here to worship Rex Lapis too?"

Rex Lapis. It was the name the people of Liyue created for Morax. Morax almost forgot he had such a name until this lady reminded him of it.

"No, I'm just passing by." He replied.

"Dihua Marsh is long and has many hills, you must be tired after walking so far." The girl said. "Please, would you join me for a meal at my place?"

Rex Lapis pondered this for a moment. It wasn't like he actually had a place to go. Wherever he wandered, he didn't have any companions to be with, nor a destination to stay at. Now that he thought about it, how many years has it been since he ate a meal with another person? He wanted to give this a try.

"If it wouldn't be an inconvenience to you, why don't you lead the way?" He said.

"Gladly!" The girl said.

The two of them walked a short path until they arrived at a small bamboo house, not far from his statue. The girl seated Rex Lapis at a table, also made from bamboo. She went inside the house and returned with a tea set. Rex Lapis drank tea as he watched her make him a meal. He hasn't received such kind hospitality for thousands of years. He enjoyed it.

"And... this is the last dish!" She set a large bowl of hot bamboo shoot soup. "Normally, I would simmer this for a longer time. But since we don't have much time, I made it the regular way."