The Prinzessin's Tabletop RPG

It was a present from her parents, who had gone to the gaming shop a short drive away to buy her this volume she'd been dropping hints about for weeks.

When Amy got her hands on the new Durances and Drakes DM manual, SUMMER FANTASIA, she knew that she wanted to be host a game centered on this new expansion. The back of the book's description said it all, and she was instantly enamoured of the kind of world that she could create and dwell in:

Assemble your party of adventurers and enter a magical castle in the sky, created by the Prinzessin der Verurteilung, the cosmic sovereign whose realm of twilight is now open to the courageous... or foolish! Explore a labyrinth of fantastic monsters and a new cast of intriguing, compelling NPCs, some of who serve the Princess, others who seek to dethrone her! Unleash new mechanics of "Eventide" and "Daybreak" Castle Incantations that take your party's combat and teamwork to the next level. Dive into an original story for the DM to challenge their party with like never before! A spectacular, story-driven quest of world-hopping fun with the Prinzessin awaits you and your friends.

From the award-winning Durances and Drakes campaign writer Alice.

The protagonist of this adventure, the Prinzessin der Verurteilung, even had her own outfit, Ein Immernachtstraum, and a unique counter representing her: a special edition gift for every owner of this new DM manual.

Amy sent invitations as usual around the circles she moved in at Mondstadt State High: to her friend Mona, the top student in their class, to Diluc, the prefect who seemed aloof and unreachable to everybody but was actually fairly nice (and, to the jealousy of many, seemed to treat Amy like a friend), to Kazuha, the cute Inazuma exchange student, and finally, to the Adventurer's Club, the nerdy gaming society managed by Mr. Cyrus. This was her flamboyant note:

I, Fischl von Luftschloss Narfidort, the Prinzessin der Verurteilung, bestow upon thee a magic key to my dwelling on the horizon of eternal night! Upon the conclusion of the Day of Odin's harvesting of intellects (Wednesday after school), make haste with my wings of darkness to my ancient, inter-dimensional dwelling at the fourth hour (4pm at my house) and prepare your best and bravest selves (your character sheets) for a magnificent adventure over elegant tea and sumptuous cake! (I'll have chocolate and cordial ready)

Wednesday came, and at three o'clock, Amy hurried home, a modest two-storey semi-detached, and headed into the living room just beside the foyer. She went to the kitchen and brought out some Coca-cola and orange cordial from the fridge and packets of cheap crisps and chocolate bars. She set up the SUMMER FANTASIA special edition board on her coffee table in her living room. She put down several D20s, counters, and even brought out a Player's Manual and DM's Manual for reference.

Then she waited.

Four o'clock came and went, and still she waited. The hands moved from twelve to six, and Amy was still sitting around alone.

She shifted her sore legs. To be honest, she'd expected it. She knew she was weird, even by the Adventurers Club's standards. Sometimes, people were just too busy. She began to fiddle with one of her counters. "My dear Oz," she began, getting into character, "I do declare that the halls of this great castle is going to be quiet today. Perhaps we shall create our own character, bring them to life, and have them try a prewritten campaign."

Before Oz could answer, the doorbell rang. Amy jerked up in surprise. Truth be told, she'd already resigned herself to a few hours of roleplaying alone until her parents came home. She was actually a bit nervous now that someone had actually rocked up. She almost regretted sending out her invitations - better that no one come than just one, right? That would be embarrassing. She got up and cautiously went to her door, opening it and peering at a pair of green eyes, scruffy short hair, and goggles above those cute tufts.