Heart Strings

"And then you put them like this," Eddie said softly as he used his hand to adjust your fingers on the frets of his beloved guitar. You sat nestled in between his legs while he helped you support the weight of the instrument.

You strummed the strings lightly, surprised to hear the beautiful notes in perfect tune. You turned to Eddie to find him smiling down at you, absolutely enamored with your willingness to learn.

"See how that sounded? It was perfect," he said positively, placing a gentle kiss on your neck that sent shivers up your spine. His lips barely left your skin, hovering there as his breath cascaded down your shoulder as he placed another, and another...

"You're supposed to be teaching me to play," you sighed with a smile as he let out a deep chuckle against your shoulder.

"Oh, I can teach you lots of ways to play, darling," he said with a low tone, tracing his lips over your skin with a feather-light touch.

Keep reading

He sighed in mock-defeat, emitting a tiny sliver of a growl at the end before clearing his throat to collect himself.

"Okay," he smiled as he placed his hand over yours to help you pluck the strings one by one. The iridescent silver pick he'd given you months ago with his initials on it glinted in the lamplight of his warm bedroom.

"So next is a G chord," he said as he used your fingers to strum the appropriate strings, letting you get used to the feel and pitch of it.

"And this is a variation of a C chord, called a Cadd9," he continued, pulling your attention from the guitar as you looked up at him with big, wondrous eyes. You couldn't help but gaze at his focused face, his bottom lip tucked between his teeth, admiring the way he loved his instrument.

Watching Eddie play his guitar was almost a spiritual experience. The way he'd lose himself in the song, his eyes closing as he'd drift off into the melody. He would sometimes hum along to whatever it was he played without realizing it, and you'd pretend not to notice so he wouldn't stop. He wasn't a big singer, but you loved his voice.

"You're supposed to be watching my hands, baby," he said with a smirk, pulling you from your daydreaming. His big brown eyes bored down into yours as he teased you, "There are no instructions up here."

"But you're so pretty," you said with a cheeky grin, leaning against his chest as he chuckled and tried to hide the blush that was forming on his cheeks.

You turned your attention back to the guitar, moving your fingers in the position he'd first shown you, to try and play the different chords he taught you together in order.

He moved his hands away, leaning back a bit to see if you could do it on your own.

You strummed the opening notes, stopping when your fingers inevitably slipped out of place on the frets, ending in a terrible buzzing sound that resembled nothing musically satisfying.

"Oof," you huffed, scrunching your face up with disgust.

"Hey, that was pretty good actually" he said supportively, not being able to hide the stupid love-struck smile that spread across his face.

"You're full of shit, Eddie," you laughed, shaking your head. "That was horrible!"

"Your fingers just aren't trained yet," he laughed as he helped you position them back where they needed to go.

You snorted thinking about how expertly trained his fingers were, which Eddie picked up on immediately.

He shot you a playful grin paired with a seductive glint behind his eyes that made you wanna give up on the lesson altogether, but you tried to hold out. You'd been wanting to learn how to play for years.