Arrival

It was a lovely day in London where Candace's butler woke her up and called in the maids to get dressed for her. As the maid walks in, holding a long ruffle white dress, Candace got out of the bed and walk towards the maid.

"I can change by myself today, you don't need to dress me up. Besides, I'm already 14." – said Candace, snatching the dress out of the maid's hands.

"I'm sorry my lady, but if I let you change by yourself. Mr. Parsons will kill me!" – The maid respond.

Candace seems unhappy, but she choose to let the maid dressed her up anyways, seeing that what will happened to the maid if Candace get dressed by herself. Starting of with a chemise, loose but shows off a female pureness with the cotton white colour. Slipping on some stockings next, tied them above the knee with a garter to keep them in place. Following up with Candace's open drawers. The maid would then put on a pair of  short white heels, attached with a little bow on the heels front. The maid then puts a corset on Candace, it was laced-up tightly but it's common sense to Candace since all women are supposed to all have small waists. Cover it up with a simple corset cover. The maid then put on a petticoat, then a small crinoline also known as the "cage-hoop skirt" onto Candace. Then another petticoat over the crinoline to hide the wire lines. Afterwards, a beautiful white dress and some false sleeves, it fits perfectly. Candace looks down at herself and then decided to walks up to the mirror. Looking at her new white ruffle dress, Candace's surprised.

"Oh wow! This dress is absolutely stunning! It's very elegant! I've never seen this dress before, did my dad just bought it?"

"Yes My Lady, Mr. Parsons just bought it for you from the famous clothing designer Louis Robinson, but you haven't put on your headbow yet, my lady!"

"Oh right.. I forgot, haha."

Candace then turned around, exposing her beautiful long wavy brunette hair. The maid then pulls out a brush and start to brush Candace's hair. The hair is in a very good condition, it was smooth, shiny and looks very nice. After brushing, the maid puts down the brush and place a pink headbow which suits with the dress.

"You're looking very gorgeous, my lady." – the maid compliment Candace.

"Thank you!"

"Your look is complete! You can now come downstairs and have some breakfast we've prepared, my lady."

"Of course, thank you."

"It's my pleasure, my lady." – the maid said with a smile

------

Candace got to the dining room, where her father, mother, older brother and sister are there. They all sat down at the dining table. It seems like they've all done eating their foods because there's left dishes on the table.

"Hi mam, hi dad!" – Candace spoke out loud.

"Candace sweetie! How's your sleep? Was it a good sleep, did you have good dreams? – Candace mother questioned.

"Perhaps, haha." – Candace said half-jokingly

"I'll take that as a yes then." – Candace's father joins in.

"Oh come on Candace, you're 14. Mum and dad as well, you guys should stop acting like Candace's 7." – Candace brother stated.

"Timothy!" – Candace's mother shout.

But Candace knew her brother and mother will continue fighting if they're like this. So she decided to break in and stops the argument. Candace sat down on the dining table, then her father says:

"Candace, today we're going to have a new worker in our manor, so make sure to welcome her in and give her some work to do while we'll be going."

"We're having more workers? Isn't 18 maids of all kind, a gardener, a butler and  professional chefs enough to you?" – Candace asked.

"Well, I didn't planned on hiring her though, but she kept begging me to hire her because she has nowhere else to go. I decided to hire her because she seems young and possibly hard-working since she kept begging." – Candace's father says chugging the food down his mouth.

"Well, it's up to you." – said Candace.

"Anyways, we'll be going to work now. Bye sweeties!" – Candace's parents stand up, wiping their mouth, leaving the dining table and then headed outside.

"Bye mam and dad." – Candace said goodbye to her parents.

Afterwards, Lucas the Parsons manor butler walked up to the dining table and place down a plate of food.

"For today's breakfast, we're having some "Somerset pork with cream and apples" some tea as well as desserts "Tarte aux Fraises" from France baked by professional chef Ruben Bertrand. I hope you'll have a good meal, my lady."

"Thank you Lucas! I sure will!" – said Candace.

Lucas then headed out, leaving Candace in the dining room finishing her breakfast. The meal was appetizing, Candace had a very great breakfast. Suddenly, the door-bell rang. Candace heard it and she instantly knew who it would be. She stand up and rushed to the front door where Lucas was already there.

Lucas opened the door while Candace peaked out to see who the new maid could be. Outside was a skinny little girl, she seems pretty young, maybe about 13 – 14.

"Oh well hello there little girl, I reckon this is the new worker Mr. Parsons was talking about." – Lucas pointed out with a smile.

"Hi.. my name is G.. Grace. Nice to meet you, miss Parsons and nice to meet you butler Lucas." – The girl greeted Candace and Lucas with a polite bow.

A thunderstruck right between Candace's eyes. She was so shocked because she had never seen a girl that's her age before. This is the first time Candace saw someone her age in her whole entire life.

----

The Parsons manor is one of the wealthiest manor in the 1870s. The manor is currently owned by "Lord Marcus Parsons" his wife "Lady Chancellor Parsons" and their children "Timothy Parsons, Hazel Parsons and Candace Parsons". Although the people from the Parsons manor appear to have a happy and perfect life. Nobody knows the strict rules they have to followed.

1st. People under age of 18 are not allowed to go outside the manor since the original/first owner of the Parsons manor believe that they're too weak to defend themselves to the society outside

2nd. Ladies and Gentlemen must act their age, if not, they're seen as a mistake, a disgrace. When a gentleman turned 20, they must start finding a lady so they can get married when they're 25. When a lady turned 18, they must start finding a gentleman so they can get married when they're 23.

3rd. Workers must be polite to the owners and always calls them in a polite way. If not, they're fired or worse.

This forms to the reason why Candace had never seen a person her age in her entire life. This impact Candace a lot and she's very happy and interested to see what will "Grace" the new worker do.

"You may follow this way, Grace." – Butler Lucas communicated.