Chapter One

Willow's P.O.V.

I grunted as something that felt like a paper ball hit my head, jolting me awake. Urghh, I was having such a good dream. "Let me sleep, mum" I murmured into my arms.

"Willow, wake up now!" a voice whispered in my ear. Something was wrong, that wasn't my mum voice. My head shot off the table and my eyes pinged open to see thirty pairs of eyes trained on me. A couple of snickers rippled around the room and I noticed Mr Greg staring at me with an unpleasant look on his face.

"Sleeping again Miss Smith?" he questioned, smirking slightly at the thought of getting me into trouble.

"No, just resting my eyes Sir." I replied quickly. God, I hated this man.

"Just resting your eyes, I see. Hm, I would put you in detention Miss Smith but they don't seem to do anything to your attitude towards History and frankly I could do with my lunchtimes," he said, walking to his desk and fiddling with some papers, "Perhaps you could do me a small favour instead and finish this essay for me. Now, if it's not on my desk by Monday morning you will face the consequences." He walked over and slammed the papers on my desk with more force than necessary. I squinted at the essay title, something about comparing the lives of two poets from the 18th century.

"Thank you, Mr Greg," I said sarcastically, "This has just made my day"

"Hey!" he snapped, "No backchatting, missy. My desk, Monday. Understand?"

"Yes" I mumbled as he walked back to the front to continue the lesson. I looked back at the essay, this could be  a long week.

***

"Why are all of the boys in our year so unattractive?" I wondered aloud as a group of boys charged down the corridor making farting noises. My best friend looked at me and grinned in agreement. It was true, all of the boys at Seaview Secondary School were either serious nerds or hadn't matured enough yet to be classed as goodlooking. The sun was shining gorgeously today marking the first day of summer. I couldn't wait to get outside. Meg and I pushed open the front doors of the school breathing the fresh air in simultaneously causing us to giggle. We began to amble slowly across the grounds towards 'our' tree, passing many groups of students around the grass. Some sixth-formers sat kissing under a tree so Meg and I whistled loudly before falling apart loudly as the two students glared at us. We finally reached the majestic oak, our home, and were welcomed by someone squealing. Ashleigh. I rolled my eyes as she poked her blonde head over one of the branches above and smiled goofily at the two of us. I returned the smile and began to pull myself up the lower branches of the oak after Meg. I joined them both in the branches and was attacked almost immediately by a small brown headed figure. "J-jess!" I gasped through her hug. She pulled back and laughed. I sat back against a branch and looked at our little foursome feeling, for the first time since History that morning , completely happy.

Just then, my happiness came crashing down as I heard her speak. "Willow, how nice to see you."

"Lana, I'm not in the mood today." I said looking over the edge of the branch towards the ground below. Lana stood at the base of the tree, hands on her hips, blonde hair bouncing as she moved closer. Her skirt was so short and her shirt was so low she could have been wearing a belt.

"Don't keep me waiting, Willow. I want to speak to you." she glared.

I sighed, giving a look to my girls, then hopped down from the tree to see what Lana wanted. She stood taller than me due to her heels but I held my ground and looked up into her face bravely.

"Yes?" I asked patiently.

"Would you like to explain this?" she questioned mockingly, thrusting a letter into my hands. I opened it and read it carefully.

"What the hell. I didn't write this." I said, confusion spread on my face, "I don't think you're a skank" I stuttered. Lana moved quickly, pushing me against the tree, her arm against my neck.

"You bitch," she spat in my face, "don't lie to me slut." She pushed her arm into my neck harder as I gasped for air.

"Lana?" a deep voice said. I felt Lana's grip loosen and she took a few steps back.

"Coming Brad" she said sweetly, replying to the voice. Then she looked at me with her devil glare and whispered, "You bitch are not finished with." Then she turned and strutted away leaving me shaking. God I hated that bitch.