⚡GAMEDAY - P.M x V.C

When Macedonian Sydney Roosters player Paul Momirovski never forgot what Swedish Brisbane Broncos debutant Victor Crone did to him during the rugby league world cup

FLASHBACK - 2017 Rugby League World Cup: PAUL MOMIROVSKI'S POV

MACEDONIA LIONS 10 - SWEDEN BARBARIANS 16

I try and open my eyes and process what just happened. That cunt literally dogshotted me! A clash of red and blue jerseys overwhelms my eyes as the boys retaliate against the Swedish team. My eyes focus on the guy who shoulder charged me as my vision starts to blur.

Victor, you're straight off. Don't bother arguing with me.

And then I blacked out.

VICTOR CRONE'S POV - NRL ROUND 17, 2022

Playing in the Australian league was something I honestly never expected. It still feels like a dream. Representing my country in the sport I love and then getting signed in the biggest league? It feels so surreal. Playing against only 2 teams for the Stockholm Kungar to having a 300K contract in the NRL for the Brisbane Broncos .

"Hey Victor, you ready?" Herbie asked.

"Yeah! Let's go!" I replied.

I run out to the field with Herbie preparing for kickoff when I spot a very familiar face on the opposition's side. Why does he feel so familiar? I stand there examining his tall structure and dirty blonde hair before the whistle was blown.

KICKOFF: BRISBANE BRONCOS 0 - SYDNEY ROOSTERS 0

I'm officially an NRL player. I'm absolutely stoked to make my debut, especially against a team like the Roosters. Their players were off to a strong start. They made some good distance reaching our 40-metre line before Herbie and I tackled that familiar guy over the touchline.

"Oh it's you. I'll never forget what you did." he said as he got up.

Shit. Was this the guy I shoulder charged at the World Cup 5 years ago? Memories of the match came flooding into my head as I run back into position.

"You're doing great Vic!" Kotoni Staggs smiled.

HALFTIME: SYDNEY ROOSTERS 20 - BRISBANE BRONCOS 0

"Sorry you had to debut like this man" Adam Reynolds whispered.
"Nah don't apologise Renno" I awkwardly smiled.
I hung my head down in almost embarrassment thinking what went wrong? We had so many opportunities but we just couldn't score. I take a deep breath when I felt someone tap me on the leg.

"Lace 'em up. It's gonna be a long fucking night." Paul Momirovski said.

What the hell is he coming into our locker room for?

And why was that kinda hot?

No. Victor you've got a game to win.

KICKOFF: SYDNEY ROOSTERS 20 - BRISBANE BRONCOS 0

I was almost scared. We weren't making any progress. We only got up to our 30 metre line before Renno had to kick it back to the Roosters. And what did you know? Paul Momirovski the hot Macedonian centre caught it. It did feel good seeing Jordan Riki and Kobe Hetherington tackle him to the ground which made him drop the ball.

Oh shit he dropped the ball.

Herbie scooped the ball up as fast as he could and made a flick pass to me so I could score. I ran back to him to give him a hug. Take that dickhead.

TRY
51' Victor Crone - Broncos
20 - 4

It felt unreal. My first try on debut. As Renno takes the conversion I take a quick glance at the Roosters and see Paul already staring.
Was he staring at me?
It almost feels seductive...

CONVERSION MADE
52' Adam Reynolds - Broncos
20 - 6

My debut game was alright. It could've been better but hey, at least I've got my first try? There was a minute left of the game and we've conceded another two points due to something Sam Walker had to limp off the field for. The Roosters were on our 10 metre line before Paul kicked the ball to Joey Manu which of course, he scored. Paul shot a wink to me before preparing to convert the try.

CONVERSION MISSED
80' Paul Momirovski - Roosters

Sure, we may have lost the game but that conversion attempt was super embarrassing. I could see Kotoni and Herbie trying to hold in their laughter as they run back to the sheds. I shoot a smile back to him as I follow the duo before bursting out into laughter.

This isn't over yet Paul.

FULLTIME: SYDNEY ROOSTERS 26 - BRISBANE BRONCOS 6

Published at 1;45 am lols