Chapter 1

The birds were singing in the trees on a nice, sunny afternoon. The skies were clear and the weather was beautiful. It was getting close to the elven realm's last day of summer. New flowers were blooming while the old ones were baring fruit. Already, some trees and shrubs were starting to change color, but the gardens of Castle Gaelin were still beautiful. I, Princess Isilme Akasha, was sitting in the garden terrace with my beloved boyfriend, High Prince Adresin Gaelin. I had only been leaving here for about two and a half months by now, and I was feeling more at home here than on Earth. However, outside the castle walls, things had been getting pretty ugly since I got here.

The elven was under threat of a Darkness that was threatening to destroy the realms. In the realm of the elves I was in, Oira Londe, it was Princess Silvana of the Aear Lug clan who was behind it. She turned to the Darkness to try and become the High Queen of the realm. But that changed when Adresin rescued me from Earth, where my clan moved to some generations ago.

Many years ago, the realms were involved in a great war started by humans. Adresin's grandparents, having lost all but five clans, issued a human banishment decree in order to save the elven realm of Oira Londe. However, my clan—the mysterious Akasha Clan—not only opposed to this, but they also warned them that the decree would put the human realm in great chaos. Unable to convince the others, the Akasha Clan left the realm to join other clans of different races to join the humans in order to help them. Why the humans went rouge or how my clan planned to help them, we still didn't know. But I was certain by now that Adresin's grandparents had made a terrible mistake with the human banishment decree.

Eventually, I was the only surviving member of my clan left and was raised in an orphanage. I grew up on Earth believing I was a human. I hardly any friends and was ostracized for my royal Akashan magic, which I used to see as a curse. But my life changed over two and a half months ago, I was rescued from a mafia leader's son by my now-boyfriend. He risked his title and life to bring me to his realm for sanctuary. It wasn't long before he and his parents, High King Armaros and High Queen Alea Gaelin, learned about my gifts and realized that I was the long-lost Akashan Princess.

And now the realm was in the middle of a war amongst themselves. All thanks to Princess Silvana of the water clan, Aear Lug. She corrupted her guardian with a dark magic and enslaved members of her clan, including her own parents. She began to believe that she should be the High Queen and would do anything to get it. When I came into the picture, she completely lost her mind and kidnapped me an attempt to get rid of her competition for Adresin's hand. However, that failed when her brother, Prince Cyran, helped me escape and exposed her to Adresin's parents. After that, she declared war on the other clans in an attempt to get what she felt she was entitled to.

A week ago, Adresin's cousin and friend, Prince Elluin Ilphas, was sent to Adresin's home shortly before Silvana made an assault on the Ilphas Castle. During that time, her shadow assassins attacked Elluin's father, King Elpharae Ilphas and kidnapped his mother, Queen Enania. His father was mortally poisoned by the tainted essence of the same Darkness that was poisoning those of the Aear Lug clan. They demanded that all the rulers surrender their crowns and myself if we wanted a cure to save the Ilphas King. Naturally, we refused and I traveled by griffin with Adresin and Elluin to the Akashan Castle to find a cure.

While there, I discovered the spirit of my twin brother, Keasatran. He told me that he brought the Darkness to Oira Londe to punish the clans for banishing the humans and not listening to the warnings of our ancestors, Priest Kovan and Priestess Kenia. While hiding in the Akashan grotto that night, we discovered that the water of the Akasha fountain was a sacred water that could heal the deadliest of wounds and illnesses as well as expel the Darkness.

After a fiasco with a band of bandits and an overnight camp in the forest, we had the misfortune to stumble into an Aear Lug and Ilphas battlefield. My horse spooked and dragged me through an unknown portal to Limbos, the forgotten realm of the restless dead. Elluin was able to follow me and fight off more assassins on my tail, but Adresin was bucked off his horse and couldn't make it to the portal in time. What was a day of torture for Adresin and everyone in Oira Londe turned into a weekish-long journey for me and Elluin. While we were there, Elluin and I ran into the spirits of the members of my clan. My ancestors appeared before me with a mission; to take the sacred Akashan water and use it to bless the shrines of Oira Londe's four guardians. This ritual would cleanse the shrines and help them fight this Darkness.