Playdates In The Past [Collector x Reader]

(For this I was inspired by another writer)

~~~~~

Seconds before the fast approaching weapon like limb of Belos's arm could cut a layer of anyone's skin, there was a sort of pause with the slight sound of Belos's arm being.. stopped? The tension became a little less thick when a boy's voice broke the silence. "Whatcha playin?" The sudden arriver questioned. When you open your eyes again, you see that the question was meant for Belos rather than you and your friends.

"Collector! You're free, just as promised!"
It wasn't hard at all to hear the bullshit coming from him. A master manipulator was finally being forced to face something he legitimately seems to fear, and you were kind of enjoying that bit of his fear. Belos didn't express it anywhere as much as anyone who feared him did, but it was still detectable here.

You and your friends watch as the night-ready boy somehow start to pull his body in around his fingers with no struggle. You all watch and listen as the 'Collector' mentions how Belos had the audacity to betray even this powerful person. They say they aren't exactly mad, but something told you he felt something about being betrayed too.

In not even half a minute, Belos's body was forced back into the walls at a speed that made him turn into a straight up pool of whatever he used to be. The substance dripped from the walls slowly, it was probably way thicker than something like water or apple blood. Everyone else's reaction were, at the least, shocked. You didn't know what the hell to feel about this wild turn of events. Everyone else seemed scared shitless, but the Collector acted like what they did was either somehow completely normal to them or the easiest thing to ever do.

He turns to face you as well as the other present rebels, first asking if you all wanted a head start in the game. His eyes focus on you before he can finish his sentence, eyes showing a change to them that could be recognition or some other thing. Either way, you were a bit terrified now too. King stands between you all and the strangely powerful person, quickly coming up with things to distract them with on the spot. While King wildly stutters and basically begs for the Collector to let all of you be, the Collector just focuses on you now.

"Playmate?"
You knew he was staring at you specifically, but you couldn't fully grasp that he was trying to maybe refer to you. You kinda just stood there awkwardly, the others stuttering and asking you what he could be hinting at. You didn't know yourself. If you did, you don't remember anything about it. You're open to the idea of things like reincarnation, and plenty of other paranormal things were a norm here anyways. You wouldn't be shocked if you, or someone else, could be a 'recycled soul'.

He smiled, despite your confusion, and ran to you, trapping your form with his arms in a tight hug. It wasn't tight enough to fully restrict your breathing, but god damn could you feel this dude squeezing you. They were giggling and kept calling you 'playmate', and you were just there trying to process whatever the fuck is happening. The others were completely silent, comforted that at least he didn't do anything to you similar to what he did to Belos. They were still very much traumatized over that bit though. They'll all need years of full time therapy.

"Where have you been?!"
The Collector exclaims, acting almost like a dog who's owner just came home from leaving for even just a ten minute separation. "Uh, I-" You rambled a bit. "I missed you! Belos was a big lying bully, 'swearing' to free me himself, and he had me waiting forever just to play games HE wanted to play! They were mostly pretty boring.. No big deal anymore though! I finally found you again!" Yeah, very excited to see you indeed.