|| CHAPTER 8 ||

Chapter 8 [Y/n]

"Jimin-ah!" I called out to him, who was sitting a little farther away under the large tree in our school field. He looked at me, squinting his eyes, and tilted his head, confused about why I was calling him for the last 15 minutes.

It was Saturday and our school had planned a school field picnic for the students to celebrate Earth day. Every student was running here and there-- the boys were playing games while the girls sat on the grass, gossiping and laughing dramatically. But there, my very handsome best friend was sitting under the shade of the tree in order to avoid the sunlight.

"WHAT?" He called back loudly from there. I gestured for him to come here to the field, but he kept shaking his head, saying a bold 'no'. I frowned.

After a few failed attempts to bring him here, I pouted at him, furrowing my brows, and turned to go farther around the area. But just as I turned, I bumped into someone taller than me, and two arms wrapped around me abruptly, pulling me closer.

I flinched back instantly, and the boy before me chuckled.

Taehyung!

"Hey, don't you dare touch me like that!" I said, looking straight into his eyes. He smirked, "But baby," I internally cringed at the word, "you were the one to bump into me..."

"That- that was a mistake... but that doesn't mean you will pull me into you more..." I scoffed and he chuckled again, like a child. I don't know whether to find it cute or annoying.

"Sorry, baby-" he was interrupted with a blow, and the next moment, I saw he was lying on the grass. I looked beside me and Jimin was there with an angry flushed face and clenched fist.

Did he just-

Did he just punch Taehyung?

Taehyung glared at him and got up in a fucked up mood. No no no no! He will bury Jimin alive if I don't stop them now!

I ran to Jimin and pulled him back but he yelled out at a now advancing Taehyung, "Taehyung Hyung, enough is enough! Don't ever touch Y/n like that! I will kill you I swear!"

I never heard Jimin speaking in such a loud furious tone and I practically found myself staring at his face in surprise. Why was he so protective of me?

But... If that's the case, shouldn't I be happy about it?

Why was it scaring me somehow?

"Jimin-ah, calm down,' I pulled him back but he kept trying to go towards Taehyung. And in a second, Taehyung reached us and kicked him right in his torso, sending him flying a little far away. I was stunned.

I saw Jimin groan in pain and slowly get up but Taehyung was going toward him once again, gritting his teeth, "JIMIN-AHHHH!"

I ran to stand in between them, to stop whatever was going to happen.

"Taehyung, please don't... No... " He pushed me to the side and pulled Jimin up by his collar. No, I can't just stand here and see him getting beaten.

And leaving them there for a while, I made a run for where I know I can get some help.