"promise?"

Taisho era timeline, Muichiro's pov

I'm just a normal boy. Well, not really.

I was born with a weird illness which caused me unable to even step out of my house door. I eventually had to live with it.

You may ask, how do I see the outside world? That's easy. I just don't. Or I'll just peek out from inside. Sometimes, my dad would explain how is it for me though.

He said it was, gorgeous. Colourful skies, tall yet bold trees. Uniquely shaped hills and mountains. Vast blue oceans. Everything I could possibly imagine.

My parents would say, if my illness got cured, they would take me to travel anywhere I wanted to. I knew it wouldn't get better anytime soon, yet deep down I was desperate. Down on both knees. Begging. My only wish ever since I could walk.

I don't have any friends too. I mean, I had a few back then, but when they heard about my illness, they thought it was contagious and never came back since then. That's fine, anyways. I didn't want to take the risk of anyone else feeling the same pain as me.

But then when I was 14, almost everything changed for me.

~~~~~~~~~~

Third person POV

It was just like any other day(or night) in a small woodcutters' house. Or is it..?

Everything was so peaceful, until an unknown creature barged in. It was something with a distorted-looking body.

The creature almost instantly killed their parents, leaving behind a gorey mess.

The remaining son, Muichiro, just stared in pure horror.

Muichiro could've chose to run away, but he couldn't. All because of his skin disease that forbids him to ever going outside.

He thought to himself; My parents, my twin brother...they're all gone. This stupid creature did this. I want to help. I could've tried to help, but I couldn't. I'm sorry.

However, the poor, weak, helpless boy couldn't do anything more than kneel on the ground, waiting for the creature to end him along with his family.

Well, he didn't.

Just as the moment Muichiro was about to get devoured, a boy had came to decapitate the creature, saving his life.

"Wow, if I was late for one second, you could've got killed by that demon. Why didn't you run?"

Demon? Did he just say demon? I thought they didn't exist.