01 | two ghosts

01 ; two ghosts

soundtrack
two ghosts | harry styles
the one that got away | brienne von hugel
see you again | wiz khalifa, charlie puth
red right hand | pj harvey
cigarette daydreams | cage the elephant

╭──╯◟̽◞̽ | ◟̽◞̽ | ◟̽◞̽╰──╮

LOUIS WAS STROLLING through the empty street, the wet flyer still tightly clasped in his right hand, gaze scanning his dark, shattered environment. 

This street used to be his everything. A bright place full of chattering people and warm memories, a place that had smelled of children's laughter, vibrated with happiness and sincerity.

Now it was enveloped in cold shadows.

It was the direct effect of war. An international phenomenon that didn't just concern princess park street, but the whole country of Tathia. Elementals were disappearing all over the country, torn out of their lives by the Fae folk and their sophisticated powers. The borders were seamed with a streak of blood, both by elementals and faes. The war has been going on for four years now, and it seemed to get worse with each day, no end nearing.

Louis was sick of it. So sick, he hadn't even thought twice about tearing the flyer out of his mom's hands, ignoring the desperate look in her eyes when he'd scanned the piece of paper.

"This is dangerous, darling. Give me that flyer back", she said.

He held his ragged breath while reading the alight, golden letters:

Dear Mr. Tomlinson,

We kindly want to inform you that you have been considered a candidate for a vital mission that might help our species win the war.

Unfortunately, we cannot provide further information, but please beware that the mission requires strength and might put you in danger.

However, as you certainly know, our country is in bad condition, and everyone's contribution is vital to us.

Of course the participation is voluntary.

If you're considering the job, please visit your nearest MAO. You will be asked to sign a non disclosure agreement and provided the necessary information.

Best regards,

Linda Magman, Head of ICOM.

Before his mom could protest any further, he was already out on the street, not bothering to put on a coat despite rain gushing down on him.

Now there he was, wet and freezing, spontaneously paying a visit to Frank, the owner of their local MAO (magic administration office).

After a walk of roughly ten minutes, the rather small building showed up in front of him. Relieved, he knocked on the window to Frank's office, his muscles trembling with both excitement and coldness.

"Oii, what are you doing here?", Frank asked with his thick accent, wrinkled face appearing behind the door. His words and tone were rough, but over the years, Louis has come to notice the light gleam that flared up in his eyes whenever he saw someone he liked. Louis was proud to count himself amongst those people.