07 , playing favourites

🍓🍓🍓

୨⎯ "𝒔𝒐𝒄𝒊𝒂𝒍 𝒎𝒆𝒅𝒊𝒂 𝒙 𝒓𝒆𝒂𝒍 𝒍𝒊𝒇𝒆" ⎯୧
⋆.ೃ࿔*:・

ᴺᴼᵂ ᴾᴸᴬᵞᴵᴺᴳ : enchanted - taylor swift
ᴠᴏʟᴜᴍᴇ : ▮▮▮▮▮▮▯▯▯

My thoughts will echo your name, until I see you again
These are the words I held back, as I was leaving too soon
I was enchanted to meet you
Please don't be in love with someone else
Please don't have somebody waiting on you

𝐍𝐨𝐰 𝐥𝐨𝐚𝐝𝐢𝐧𝐠. . .

Some days are harder than others. Some days, Gemma's heart decides that scars are actually just healed scabs that can reopen if poked too much. Some days, Gemma's head forgets what it felt like to have ribs cracked open and guts poured on the sidewalk for a boy that decided he wanted something new. Something more.

On those days Gemma opens her song book and sits down with Josie over a cup of green tea. On those days, Gemma forces her bandmate to recall to her what happened the night they stayed up 'till four a.m. Josie always retells the story the exact same way, with the exact same reassurance that Gemma wasn't in the wrong and that the songs that came out of that heartbreak really are nothing more than her feelings on a page, that it was in her right to put pen to paper and get out how she feels.

Gemma knows Josie is right.

She also knows that if Gemma from a year ago could see the position she is in right now, her past self would probably punch present day Gemma in the face for being so stupid. The band just finished their show in Denver and are currently hauled up in their hotel rooms trying to wind down for the night before their flight tomorrow, Gemma can hear Josie singing in her shower next door as she lays on the bed on her stomach scrolling through her tiktok while she waits for Avery to get out of their bathroom.

The younger band member walks out of the bathroom while drying her hair with a towel

"hey so I know that we all, like, joke about it but what's actually going on with Matt?" Avery questions

Gemma raises her eyebrow and looks up from her phone, contemplating whether her answer is going to be taken seriously or not. When she sees the patient look on her friend's face she knows that this isn't something that Avery is joking about this time. Gemma sighs and please her phone in front of her on the bed and she sits up and crosses her legs, Avery mimics her position on the end of the bed.

"we really are just friends, It does get a bit flirty but there's not really anything there to be honest. He's great to talk to but maybe, I don't know, he's in Boston and we're either in LA or on tour plus there's the whole thing with him being back and forth. I just- what's that look for?"

Avery wears a look of both confusion and skepticism as she really tires to process what the fuck just came out of Gemma's mouth. She tells her as such.

"Sorry, I'm just wondering where the fuck this is all coming from? being friends is fine, yay new friend!, but it's the fact that you just friend zoned him, told me that you two flirt with eachother and then started to list reasons on why you two dating wouldn't work all in the same breath. Gemma it just sounds like you don't know what you want."

Now it's Gemma's turn to be confused. "Avery I haven't even met the guy! and I'm being realistic. Dating while touring is hard enough when the guy you're seeing is in LA, let alone on the other side of the country! I do know what I want because I don't want to date right now. It's bad enough that Finn is trying to come back around, could you imagine how much worse it would be if I had a new boyfriend?!"