Delivery Night

The polluted water that flooded the streets of Lu-Gahllows was settle. Not the prettiest of colors but it set a distinct setting to the atmosphere. Streets that survived the flood were busy. Food stands were set up and smoke rose to the sky as they cooked. People passed by and humanoid droids followed them like slaves.

Aviators, a hover car, flew around in the sky following the Gravity Current. The Gravity Currents acted as roads for the Aviators and aircraft vehicles that decide to go on it. The autopilot was an option while in the Gravity Current. This made it easy to travel in, through, and out of the city.

The buildings of Lu-Gahllows were only two stories big, that being because the first story was submerged under the black water. Some buildings were lucky enough to have three stories.

Lu-Ghallows was a ghetto, yet a manageable city. In its premises lies thugs or weirdos. Though, crimes rarely happen. Big ones that is.

Abby sat at the window sill with her headphones on her head covering her ears. One leg bent on the window sill while the other was hanging off. Her hazel eyes looked off into the distance, at the illuminated city. The wind setting enough breeze to let her brown hair flow gallantly in the air. Her white short sleeve zipper jacket was unzipped, showing her black tank-top underneath. Her black jeans showed her leg's figure, slim. Her right hand had a fingerless glove, also a tight wristband with two stripes of green light going half way around. Her left hand also had a fingerless glove but it runs up her arm stopping two inches below her armpit. The green light stretched up and down the glove and sleeve.

Her brother, Alexei, walked into the room breathing slightly heavy. He closed the door and pressed his back against it, resting his head on the door and locking it. He set his hands on his knees and sighed deeply to catch his breath.

His long black hair stretched away from his face as he bent over. His grey vest and white bandana hung away from his black t-shirt. His pants were grey but dirtied from the jobs and his belt lit blue. His black shoes were scratched but still looked new in a way.

Alexei went into the kitchen and fetched himself bottled water. He tapped the cap and blue light emitted. The bottle made a tsk sound. He twisted it off and drank some of the water. He looked at the sink and turned on the faucet. Black liquid poured out and he shut it off. He got frustrated and sat on the couch with his legs on the table and water bottle in hand.

Abby noticed his presence and took off her headphones. She tapped the air and a screen popped up close to her. She pushed the pause button and her music stopped. She looked away and the screen disappeared. She gave a sudden wave to her brother.

"Yo!" He said as he raised his hand to say hello.

"How'd delivery go?"

"It was rough." He took another sip out of his bottle. "Maybe I'll take you next time."

Abby smiled excitedly and pressed her hands together.

"Seriously?!" She asked. Her brother nodded. "Alright! Yes!" She said as she fist pumped into the air.

"The capital still looks nice. Though the streets could use some work."

"But you can't get into the capitol without the... Vok..."

The Vok acts as a pass to get into the capitol. It's now official to have in order to get through. It's very rare to see people with them around most of the cities in Fiorah. Trade markets, however, make a good fortune because they travel in and out of the capitol. Poor people don't have a chance to get one.

"I'm not a fan of rules."

"You could've been killed, Alexei!" Abby said as she stomped her foot on the ground and clenched her fists.