Square One and A Half

The rain beat down on the roofs of Lu-Gahllows. Their heads ducked under their blankets to keep away from the cold. The streets grew wet and the gutters gushing out with fresh water. Canteens were placed at simple spots to catch water. Tubs were rushed in and out from rich water sources.

Clyde left early in the morning. Leaving Abby all alone in his safe house. Sitting at the edge of the bed with her knees tucked into her chest, with a blanket wrapped around her shoulders.

Abby stared into the floor, having mixed emotions about what happened in the past few days. The death of her brother left her scarred and the voice recorder left her with sad but happy thoughts. All of which she couldn't decide.

She dug her face deeper into her arms leaving enough so that she could still stare at the ground.

A sudden knock came to the front door. Her feet reached out for the floor and they landed. Walking to the front door, she wondered who was on the other side. She pressed the button for the camera but it was pitch black. Abby stood to the edge of her feet and tried to peek through the hole but that was black as well. Her will to find out who it was ran out.

She unlocked the door and it slid open. Jaeger stood on the other side with his hand on the camera and a grin on his face.

Abby shut the door but Jaeger placed his foot in the way.

"How rude of you to turn down a guest."

"How rude of you to talk like that to the host!"

"Oh? But I believe he left earlier in the morning." He grinned with sarcasm.

Abby stood there wondering how he knew.

"You're such a stalker!" She said, trying to close the door.

"Am not!" Abby gave him a glare and he put up his arms, ready for whatever comes at his face. "Atleast let me talk to you."

Abby gave out and the door opened again. Jaeger fixed his suit as he entered Clyde's safe house. He looked around finding that the place was organized. He walked to the counter and sat down on one of the stools. He placed his hands on the edge of the seat and leaned on them.

"So you may wonder why I'm here. Let me tell you." He fixed his eyes into hers. "You see. Right as you left my... place, your brother came in. He told me ' Here's a card. The tape recorder that Abby will find is the only tape recorder that can play it. If I don't make it back...' blah blah. So basically, I am here to ask for that tape recorder."

"What will you do with it?"

"I'm not going to keep it or destroy it. I just need to utilize it for how long this disc is." He held the piece of thin metal in between his index finger and thumb.

Abby grabbed the recorder out of her pocket and gave it to Jaeger. He grabbed it gently out of her hand and looked at the device. It's small figure puzzled him for some reason. Pressing a small button the side, a slide ejected from the side. The same exact card he had in his hand was placed on the slide. He took the disc out and placed it on the counter. Inserting the other disc in he pressed play, also pressing a button on the top of the recorder.

A beam erected from the middle and a holographic sphere was on it. It showed Alexei on the couch.

"Yo! Clyde, Jaeger. Even though this is just a message, I need you to listen clo-"

Jaeger looked at Abby and took her feelings into consideration. He placed the recorder on the counter and walked towards her.

"Why don't you go wait at my place. I'll be there before you know it." He gave a friendly smile at her. She nodded her head and exited Clyde's safe house.