Chapter 1 - Mad World

"Rion, it's me... Diana, your friend."

"Friend?..." He asked softly.

The Barringtons came into his room in a rush, filled with varied emotions. Amara saw Rion's troubled eyes and knew exactly what happened to him. She took a deep breath as she froze from where she was standing. Rion's friends quickly hugged him and celebrated his awakening.

Rona and John walked toward their son and held his hand in relief. Rona kneeled on the floor and wiped Rion's face, "You came back... My son." She cried.

Rion grabbed his mother's wrist and deflected it from his face, "Who— Who is Rion?... What... Where am I?" He muttered.

The realization sank in for everyone. The thing they most feared has already happened. Rion's memories were wiped out of his mind. No one was able to speak. Everyone in the room kept silent as they look at each other. Rain showers began pouring and drizzled over the window pane. The wind became stronger as dry leaves from the trees entered the room. Curtains are being blown away by the wind as the cold air enters the windows.

John said, "Rion... You're in Hillford. This is your home and we're your family." He walked closer and held his shoulders from the bed, "Hey... Buddy, it's me, your father."

"You're not my father. This is not my home. And none of you is my family!" He shouted.

Rion quickly stood up from the bed and walked to the window. He opened the window with force as the metal creaks. He looked over the place and saw nothing but trees and the smell of wet soil. Rain touches his face and his mind can't comprehend what's happening.

His eyes were opened wide in shock. He leaned on the wall with a curtain behind. He slowly sat down and pounded the carpeted floor. Ivan tried to approach him and tried to help him up.

"Stop!" He yelled causing Ivan to fly away from the wood cabinet. The force was enough to break the cabinet into pieces. Rion was surprised by what he had just done.

Fear enveloped everyone as they saw how Rion make Ivan a hundred-year-old vampire flew away with only his voice.

Sebastian looked at Amara with panic, "This is bad... He doesn't recognize any of us, it's just a matter of time before his frustration leads him to kill all of us."

"Then let's make him remember..."

Amara enchanted and spread her arms wide open, "Animus Vocatus Memento te Ipsum" She whispered
repeatedly as she gets closer to Rion.

The lights flickered as Amara cast her spell. Books and papers flew away from the wall. Amara felt Rion's resistance to her spell. She enunciated the words louder as she held Rion's head creating a red aura around her hands.

Rion screamed in pain making the window and mirrors shatter into shards of glass. The intensity of the magic shocked everyone inside the room. Rion cries as he yells and blood started to come out from his nose. Rona bolts to Amara and asked her to stop.

"Do you want him to remember? Or do you want to stay forgotten?" Amara asked Rona.

"There must be another way..." Rona said.

Rion continued screaming as it gets louder and louder and the pain intensifies.

"This is the only way."

Amara used both her hands and grasped Rion's head. A white flashback lightened up Rion's mind. But instead of good memories, it showed every battle he's been through. Every blood he shed and every life he lost. His mind juggled up his memories every scene he saw are blurry and unclear.

His eyes suddenly turned silver and red veins traveled through his face. He looked up into the ceiling and fangs evolved from his mouth. He scratches the carpeted floor with his claws leaving scratch marks deep within the floor. He stopped shouting all of a sudden and he slowly stood up from where he was seating. His eyes closed for a bit and opened once again. Revealing a monstrous silver and red hue in his eyes. He strangled Amara up in the air as she tried to remove his wrist. Every Barrington came to Rion and aimed to remove his hand. Rufus, Sebastian, Rona, and Ivan joined forces to fight him.

Amara started to cry in pain. Delvin moved in and used his siphon powers to siphon Rion. It caused Rion to drop Amara down the floor. Rion ignored everyone in the way and started at Delvin, his best friend.

Rion tried to grab Delvin by the neck but he was able to hold Rion's hands with his own. Both of them hold each other off. Rion looked at everyone and saw the fear in their eyes.

He's looking at every face in the room while trying to grab Delvin. The celebration he felt before changed into a tremor and agonized ambiance. He suddenly teleported away from Hillford and everyone was left in shock.

The room was a mess as Rion wreak havoc on the Barrington House. The Barringtons helped Amara to the ground and laid her on the bed. Delvin, Diana, and Cheryl suddenly hold their necks and the Alpha's Mark fades away from their skin. This shows that they no longer belong to a pack and their connection to Rion is now gone.

Amara fought for his breath and muttered, "You have to find him."

It has been a year and no one saw any signs of Rion Ashford. None of the searching spells worked, Ivan and Sebastian combed out every corner of the country and still, they found nothing.

The Barrington Academy has opened and welcomed every child with supernatural gifts. Delvin and Cheryl studied in the Academy and trained with the other Barringtons.  Theo Crimson denied the invitation to the academy and claimed that he doesn't deserve it. So after he healed in Hillford he apologized and lived on his own ever since. A lot of new students came to the Academy. With its new name, Rochdale became famous among the supernatural community.

Diana set foot on a new journey. She tried to find a way to bring back Rion's memories and find him. But she's also fighting her demons within. She became the fist of her ancestors and assassinated every family who laid a finger on her coven. She learned how to fight and harnessed the ancestral magic inside her.

Police sirens echo in a night street. An officer come down and walked towards a car he just stopped. The officer knocked on the window.

"Sir, I don't know who gave you a license but I'm sure you're taught that when the lights turned red that means, stop." The officer said.

The car window slowly went down and showed a guy dressed in a luxury suit and a cigarette in his mouth.

The guy withdrew the cigarette from his mouth and dropped it on the officer's shoes. He removed his shades and looked at the officer with his reddish silver eyes, "I figured you didn't receive the notice, I love the color red."

The guy grabbed the officer inside the car with one hand. Blood scattered through the windows as the officer yelled for help and pain. He threw the body back into the streets and dropped its head on the backseat, revealing several human heads he have killed and eaten. He fixed the rear mirror and wiped the blood around it. Rion smirked as he puts back the shades and turned the music back up. He drove away fast leaving the dead body on the street drained with blood.

Rion arrived at his penthouse. The garage door opened automatically and revealed a pile of brand new racing cars. He walked away from the car and looked at it.

"Flumos..."

He burned his car with a spell while the heads of the ones he killed are inside it. He then walked to the door and entered his house.

"Oh... You're home early." Rion said to a girl on the sofa.

"My work was done early so..." The girl said.

"So... That means we have all night to savor the fun." He said with a smirk as he drop his face on her shoulders.

The girl runs her hand through his face, "Exactly..."

Jane give Rion a peck as she grinned behind his back.