10. Alone...

Ben was sitting in his room, bloodshot eyes and the favourite book of his mother clenched in his hands.
His phone died earlier but no one was going to text him anyway... no one did the last month.
Yea, a month has passed and he was basically on his own.
Mal had to assure the other VK's that it wasn't because she was a VK, preventing a war.
He heared a knock and loooled up, seeing Chip in the doorway.
"...there are new Beasty-Boomer posters spread through the school." he mumbled and Ben sighed.
"I can't say that I'm surprised-"
"The VK's didn't do it this time..." Chip added and Ben's face fell.
"...I guess I really messed up huh?" he mumbled and he looked at Chip.
"How come you don't hate me like everyone else?"
"Oh y'know... You left your phone ublocked on the kitchen counter earlier this month and y'know that I'm curious as hell... I've seen your texts with this 'Gil' and I believe you were hoping furiously that he would text you again..."
"To be honest a text from anyone would be great..."
"With a dead battery?" Chip joked and Ben gto up and did plug his phone in.
"Happy now?" Ben said and Chip grinnend.
"The point being... I know you had to figure some things out and that you are into guys. So don't worry, trust me your secret is safe with me." Chip said with a wink and Ben looked at him.
"Wait, are you-?"
"Hey, I keep your secret and you keep mine."  Chip said and he left.

Ben had to return to school that monday and he was not looking forward to it.
As soon as he walked through the hallway, some blue haired VK guy bumped into his shoulder, which actually hurt him a bit.
"Hadie what did I say!?" Mal shouted as she brushed right past Ben and followed the guy.
Ben sighed and hurried to his locker, as he reached it he saw how one of those Beasty-Boomer posters was sticked on.
He ripped it off and leaned his head against his locker.
"Why am I even trying...?" he mumbled and he threw the crumbled poster on the floor, walking off campus again.
What was the use of being there when no one wants anything to do with you.
But outside, someone made him trip and he fell with his head on a rock... he didn't pass out but he did feel it bleeding.
"Crap..." he mumbled softly.
"Idiot! He is still the king!" someone cussed and Ben tried to walk away, feeling a bit dizzy.

After a while the dizziness wore off and the bleeding had stopped.
Then it didn't take that long for Ben to find a pub on the isle where no one cared that he wasn't 21 yet.

Ben had several drink as he heard a familiar voice behind him.
"If all those glasses are yours, I think you've had enough..."
Ben turned and looked up.
"...wanna join?" he asked and he recieved a brief chuckle as a reply.
"Let's get you outta here, you'll hate uourself in the morning otherwise."
"Joke's on you. I'll hate myself in the morning regardless." Ben said as he downed his 15th drink.
"Alright, you might be right there. Still, your mom--"
"She's dead alright. Don't envoke her."
"Then maybe act like you still care what she would think instead of sitting here feeling shitty avout yourself."
"So everyone else can hate me, but I can't hate myself?"
"Get up, I'll help you to sober up."
"No thanks..." Ben said... and that was drink number 16.