4. First Encounter

~{{•}}~
(Y/N)'s POV
It's been a few weeks since school started again and I couldn't have felt any more normal. Well — around my friends, that is.

Tom had been going on and on about this one upcoming movie he's excited about and Zendaya was just... Zendaya. I just happened to sit down and watch the catastrophe.

I walk into the school campus and I caught sight of my ex, Allison. She happened to be talking to her close friends across from where I was.

I'd been thinking about her for quite a while now

I'd been thinking about her for quite a while now. Her and I had been together since freshman year but broke up during the end of sophomore year. We'd agreed to hook up but I've found it hard to just be causal hookups.

So I've been coming up with a little plan to get her back. But I'm a prideful creature... I don't want her to think I'm desperate — which I'm totally not, by the way.

I've been going here and there, stopping by to say hi and all. She'd been pretty chill about it, honestly. But then again, we're just comfortable around each other like that.

We'd talk for a few minutes until we'd go our separate ways. We'd exchange a few texts and at this point, all is a piece of cake from there. At least it seems — if I weren't anxious about her rejection.

Well, here goes nothing.

I spot Allison across from me, chatting away. I take a deep breath and walk up to her. She then catches sight of me. Her friends follow her gaze and before I knew it, all eyes were on me.

I hear a few chatters and murmurs from her clique before I even reach them. "Shut up, guys!" Allison waves them off as she stands up to greet me.

"Hey, Allison!" I smile at her.

"What's up, (Y/N)?"

"What's up, (Y/N)?"

"Nothing much, just saw you across campus. Thought I'd come by to say hi." I tell her. She gives me a small smile as she draws closer to me.

"That's sweet. Thanks!" I nod at her reply and she gestures to her friends. "Guessing your friends find this amusing." I assume as her friends start giggling behind us.