Chapter One: An Unexpected Phone Call

It was night, the moon was shining, the stars were dancing, and only the sound heard was the soft whistle of the wind. The two heroines, Ladybug and Chat Noir were once again sitting by each other having their late-night chats, when an unexpected person called in chat noirs baton. "Who's calling?" Asked Ladybug, as she slowly lifted her head off of chat noir's shoulder. Chat glanced at his baton "It's the mayor", He replied. Ladybug looked at him with a confused face as they both shrugged at each other, not knowing what the mayor wanted from them at 10:00 pm." I'll answer it" Chat said as he accepted the call."Hello?" Chat greeted. Ladybug couldn't hear what the mayor said, so she just focused on chat noir's expressions and replies."We're glad to be serving Paris and its people too, Mayor"  "Oh?"

 Ladybug examined Chat Noir as his expressions slowly started to change."That's too kind of you, you really didn't have to Sir", Chat smiled. Ladybug looked at him with furrowed brows, trying to hint that she wanted to know what was going on."Oh, we'd love to!" Chat Noir replied. Ladybug raised her brows while holding her hands up, waving for him to answer.

"We'd love to what?", She whispered.

"Tomorrow? From 10 am to 10 pm? My that is long.. yes yes we plan on making it, after all, it is a holiday!"

"Tomorrow is not a holiday. It's a normal Friday." Ladybug said.

"Glad talking to you too, Mayor. Have a paw-some night!" Chat chuckled before he hung up the phone.He took a moment to himself before glancing back at Ladybug's frustrated, curious, and puzzled facial expressions. "So, are you going to tell me what happened or will you just look at me as if I already know what's going on?" Ladybug crossed her arms. Chat layed his arms back as he glanced at her slightly, "oh but I just love seeing your little angry pouts!" He teased."I can leave right now if you'd like and ruin this lovely patrol night" Ladybug got up. "No, no! Please stay! I was teasing!" Chat held her arms before she got anywhere else. "Then tell me what the heck did the mayor tell you on the phone!?" Ladybug said impatiently. "Okay okay. So since Mayor Bourgeois is probably the biggest person that appreciates us heroes in all of Paris, he declared Tomorrow, July 7th, to be the official Ladybug And Chat Noir Appreciation Day. Or for short, LACAD!" Chat smiled as he raised both his hands up for enthusiasm. "Oh, how thoughtful of him.." The female heroine smiled. "I know right? And he even Invited us tomorrow to the hotel from 10 am to 10 pm, where lots of parties, certificates, concerts, and dances will be held!" Chat said in an excited voice. "Woah, Woah, Woah, hold on now. We are going to the mayors' house or hotel or whatever, to party and dance?!" Ladybug asked in a little annoyed tone." Yes! And we'll dress up in such fancy outfits and eat delicious foods and-"  

"Chat noir, I think you're forgetting something. We're superheroes not some celebrities going to parties and eating food!" Ladybug reminded him."We have a duty to save Paris! We're fighting Monarch here." Ladybug said. "But paw-lease bugaboo, Tomorrow is a day made especially for us! We can't let the Parisians down, we have to try and celebrate! Besides, if there was an Akuma attack we would already be in costume and ready to fight! We're experts at this come on" Chat begged. Ladybug turned back in an unconvinced way. Chat grunted, "For me. Please. Just one day, I swear. You won't regret it" 

Ladybug turned around to look at Chat's pleading face."Nothing bad will ever happen, I promise" Chat inched closer as he tried to hold her hand. Ladybug let him do so, but squeezed his hand tight making Chat Noir hold in a squeak of pain."Fine, only Tomorrow!" Chat's face brightened as a huge smile was plastered across his face. He then picked his lady up and swung her around."Oh I love you I love you, I love you! Thank you thank you thank you!" Chat shouted. Ladybug blushed, " No need to no, no need to, no need to, say it thrice kitty"

Chat giggled as he let her down."OH I can't wait to see you in your beautiful dress tomorrow," Chat smiled. "A dress? Do I have to wear one?" Ladybug asked."Check the posters Mayor Bourgeois sent us on email, it says all the etiquettes of the banquet for tomorrow " Chat Noir replied. "I thought it was just us going, and some celebrities, " Ladybug asked again as she checked the email."OH no-no, almost all of Paris is coming!" Chat smiled broadly.

The feeling of ice being rubbed down Ladybug's back hit her as she realized how many people were coming. She didn't like being surrounded by big crowds as Ladybug. She didn't like attracting that much attention anymore after the events of what Monarch did. The superheroine was still learning to calm her paranoid self down after what Felix had done to her. It was tragic. She glanced at Chat Noir and noticed that he couldn't stop smiling as he talked about what he was excited about tomorrow. Ladybug then realized that she had to attend the party. Not for her appeal, but for Chat Noir. She could never forgive herself for what she had done to him before, and how she kept leaving him out and pushing him away from her. She had to make it up to him somehow. She had to attend the celebration for him. Chat checked the time as he looked back at his lady."Well,  I better go now, it's getting late, and a cat needs his good sleep! See you tomorrow bugaboo! Happy LACAD!" Chat said. And before she knew it, the blonde superhero disappeared into the streets of Paris, leaping over buildings and spinning around like a child receiving candy. Ladybug stared at the email for a second as she let out a deep long sigh.

"Tomorrow is going to be a big day.."