Chapter Two: The Big Day

The following day, Marinette woke up to not her alarm clock, but to the sound of her best friend, Alya, calling her on phone. As Marinette tried to cancel the call to get more time to sleep Tikk immediately stopped her before she might cause problems. "Hey girl!" Alya said as Marinette answered the phone."Hey aly-" Marinette replied but paused to yawn."GIRL don't tell me you're tired on the morning of LACAD day!" Alya giggled."Whaaaat? No-awuh" Marinette yawned again."Alright, well I have some really big news for me to tell you. That's the main reason I called after all." Alya said"What is it?" Marinette said as she slowly got up to brush her teeth."Well first of all, since you know how obsessed I am with the lady blog and my research on you and Chat Noir's adventures, the girls and I decided to all meet up together in honor of LACAD day!" Alya said in excitementMarinette was preparing to cancel plans with them with an excuse- since she and chat noir were supposed to go to the Mayors hotel for LACAD day- but Alya cut her off with other news."We'll all be meeting up at Mayor Bourgeois hotel, did you know they're hosting this big party where all Parisians are welcome to enter? Chat noir and you will even be there to sign autographs and take- " Alya paused as she began to realize what was happening.There was a small silence as Marinette still had her toothbrush in her mouth, unable to talk."You're not coming with us, are you? You have to go as Ladybug to the ceremony.." Alya said in a small tone on the phone. Marinette then spat out the leftover toothpaste from her mouth and then began to talk."Listen, Alya-""WAIT! There can still be a way! I promise! Just come as Marinette and transform into Ladybug in between the ceremony. I'll make sure your identity stays safe!" Alya suggested. "Alya you know that's too risky-""Just try it okay? I'm begging you. Ever since Monarch gained all the miraculous you haven't had any time to hang out with the girls. You've been so busy planning and fighting alongside Chat Noir. Just this once, alright?" Alya pleaded.Marinette paused as she looked at her bathroom mirror, she glanced at Tikk who gave her a worried look. She looked at Alya's contact on the phone and took a deep breath in and out."I'll think about it okay?" Marinette replied."How long will it have to take?" Alya asked."I'll let you know by 9:30 am, okay? I'll have time to think by breakfast." Marinette assured."Alright, I'm sure you'll make the right decision " Alya replied."See you, Alya" Marinette said as Alya said her goodbye as well.And then, the two best friends hung up the phone.Marinette let out a long deep sigh before getting dressed and heading downstairs to have breakfast with her family.The bluenette was confused about what decision to make. She knew she couldn't come as Ladybug AND Marinette at the same time there, she had to pick one version of herself. If she goes as Ladybug, she will let down Alya and all of her friends for not coming on such a special day. If she comes as Marinette, she will let down Chat Noir after he practically begged her to come. It was Ladybug and CHAT Noir day, she couldn't miss a day in her honor of saving Paris.Marinette decided to head downstairs for breakfast, maybe after eating she would be able to think more straight and make the right decision. As she headed downstairs she wasn't surprised to see her parents working on a bunch of pastries such as cakes, muffins, macarons, croissants, pies, and much more. What surprised her was that they were all red and black themed, with small pinches of green and blue. They were the color palettes of the two superheroines of Paris, Ladybug and Chat Noir. Tom was working on frosting an enormous 3-layered cake, while Sabine was working on the two Ladybug and Chat Noir sugar dough figures to stack on top. "Morning Maman, Morning Papa" Marinette smiled as she headed over to the fridge to find something to eat. Her parents greeted her as they continued working. "I can't believe Mayor Bourgeois announced LACAD on such short notice, we could've had much more time to work on these pastries if he announced it maybe two days ago," Tom said as he frosted the bottom of the cake red. " I can't believe we got invited to the Mayors hotel for the LACAD day party! It's going to be huge! So many Parisians to serve food to!" Sabine said as she slowly applied Chat Noir's mini cat ears on his head.Marinette paused as she stopped pouring her milk into her bowl of cereal."Wait.WAIT.. We're going to Mayor Bourgeois hotel.. TODAY?!!" Marinette shouted. "Yes! Isn't that wonderful?" Sabine smiled."Do I have to go?" Marinette mumbled."Well of course you do! Today is a super special day for Ladybug and CHAT Noir, Marinette! You have to come! Besides, Alya called and already told us she would be here with your friends to pick you up for the celebration " Tom said as he slowly frosted small polka dots on the red layer of the cake to represent Ladybug's spots."Alya you little" Marinette whispered to herself."Oh, Tom look at how adorable this chat noir sugar dough figure is! Isn't he just charming?" Sabine smiled as she held the figure up."He sure is. All the girls in Paris are running after him! Of course besides Adrien" Tom said as he took a small glance at Marinette, expecting a reaction.Marinette looked at Sabine and then Tom and felt a small pinch of jealousy in her, which she then shook off before it got worse."All the girls of Paris huh.." The bluenette stirred her bowl of cereal.Marinette started thinking about if she really should go as Ladybug. She had these weird thoughts of her not being good enough for Paris and that maybe even Chat Noir was the better hero.But before she could get deeper into her thoughts, the doorbell rang as Alya was waiting at the door with Rose, Juleka, and Mylene were with her. Of course, Alix wasn't there as she was busy with her duties as Bunnix."Marinette would you be a dear and open the door? My hands are covered in food coloring and Tom's are busy with the cake" Sabine asked."Sure thing, maman" Marinette said as she went and opened the door."HEYY GIRLFRIENDDDD! GUESS WHAT YOUR GIRLS ARE DOING HERE TODAY!" Alya shouted as she wrapped her arm around Marinette's shoulder."Alya I still didn't make a decision!" The bluenette whispered. "Don't worry! I already have a plan for you" Alya winked.The two exchanged faces as Marinette sighed and looked at her friends."Whaaat are you guys here for?" Marinette asked nervously."We're here to give you a makeover for LACAD day!" Rose squeaked as Mylene held up dresses and juleka held up makeup."We thought you wanted to look as pretty as possible since you know.." Mylene smiled as all the girls looked at each other and smirked."Adrieeeeen" they all said simultaneously.".. is going to be there" Mylene giggled."Wait- ADRIEN is going to be there?!" Marinette said in a shocked tone. "Oh no.." she said as she smacked her forehead."Oh yes!" Alya giggled.