Chapter 4

Grissom walks through my apartment and makes his way into my kitchen. I watch as he deposits the takeout bag and wine bottle in my fridge before he turns and faces me. We both stand still, looking at each other and I notice him doing a full body scan of me. I feel my skin start to ignite at the look in his bright blue eyes.

"Sara." Grissom says softly as he walks toward me. "You have no idea how long I have wanted you."

"Oh, I think I do." My voice is almost a whisper as I watch him get closer.

"From the first moment you walked into that lecture hall in San Francisco..." He comes to a stop in front of me, taking my hands in his. "You did something to me. Completely flipped my world upside down. I've spent many, many days and nights thinking about you. About us. Together."

"Griss." I breathe out, completely captivated by his words.

I hear the soft sounds of Journey's Open Arms coming from the radio as my eyes stay locked on Grissom. He takes me into his arms, one of his strong hands settling on my hip while the other holds my hand against his chest and we start swaying slowly. After a stunned moment, I wrap my arm around his neck as we move to the soft sounds of the music. Gil Grissom is slow dancing with me in my apartment. To a Journey song. This has to be a dream.

"You have no idea the effect you have on me, Sara. The power you hold over me." He says as he brings my hand to his lips, softly kissing the back of my knuckles. "You alone have the ability to completely destroy me."

"I would never do that, Griss." I cup his jaw, fighting back tears. "You mean too much to me. You have no idea just how much."

"I think I do, darlin'." Grissom mumbles as his eyes flick to my lips.

He leans in and brings his lips to mine. The kiss is slow and sweet. Our mouths open, tongues slowly moving against each other. I lift my hand from Griss's shoulder, softly fisting my fingers in the curls at the nape of his neck. God, he has the softest hair. Before we get too carried away, Grissom pulls back then presses his forehead against mine and takes a deep breath.

"I love you, Sara." Grissom tells me, his voice thick with emotion. "As cliche as it may sound, I truly believe I fell in love with you the first moment I saw you."

At Grissom's words, I can't hold my tears back any longer. I press my face into his neck and let out a sob. I feel his lips against my temple as he wraps his arms firmly around me, engulfing me against his big body.

"I tried not to." He whispers into my hair, hugging me tightly against him. "God knows I tried not to. You deserve someone better, someone younger. But it was beyond my control and I'm tired of fighting it. I'm a selfish bastard and I want you all to myself."

"I love you so much, Gil." I finally pull my face out of his neck with a sniffle and look straight into his blue eyes. "For me, there is no one better than you. You are it for me."

"I've been such an idiot." Grissom runs a hand through my hair as tears slip out of his eyes and down his gorgeous face. "I've let my insecurities deny us both for so long."

"We're here now." I smile at him as I wipe the tears from his cheeks. "That's all that matters."

I pull Grissom's face down to mine, bringing our lips together. I trace his bottom lip with my tongue until he opens his mouth, allowing me to slip my tongue inside to meet his. I'm not even aware that we're moving until my back hits the wall. Grissom deepens the kiss, his tongue fighting for dominance and I'm more than happy to give in. Everything else fades away but the feel of Grissom pressed against me, the wet sounds of our kissing the only thing I can hear. When we're finally forced to break apart for air, Grissom's mouth latches onto my neck. I feel his tongue gliding along my skin, licking his way down. His left hand comes up and cups my breast through my tank top.

"Sara. My Sara. So beautiful." Grissom mumbles into my neck as he licks the skin of my pulse point.

"Oh God, Griss." I breath as he kisses along my neck and I feel a jolt go straight between my thighs.

Grissom pulls away from my neck to look at me. His big hands cradle my face like I'm the most precious thing he's ever touched. I see the unspoken question in his eyes and I give him a shy smile as I nod. I take his hands in mine and lead him toward my bedroom.

During the short walk down the hallway, I try to calm myself down. I have never been this nervous about anything in my life. I mean, this is Gil Grissom we're talking about. The man of my dreams. The man I have wanted every single day since I met him. What if I don't measure up to his expectations? I heard about his interaction with the dominatrix, Lady Heather. What if I can't please him? What if he decides I'm not what he wants? We cross the threshold of my bedroom and before my mind can conjure up anything else, Grissom's mouth is once again on mine. He walks until the backs of my legs hit my bed and then he pulls away from me.

"I want to make love to you, Sara." Grissom whispers as his fingers gently caress my jaw. "Can I do that, please?"

"Yes." I whisper back, my eyes closing as he kisses me and lowers me onto the bed.