Chap. 1

SATURDAY, APRIL 25TH, 1978

YOUR POV:

I never asked for this. I never asked to be the only girl. God I forgot why I'm here. I didn't think it would happen to me. But it did, and now I don't think I'll see the year 2000. I don't think I'll ever see the outside world again. 

He got me. 

The Grabber actually got me. 

FRIDAY, APRIL 24TH, 1978

YOUR POV:

I've had a decent day at school. You know, besides the fact that my brother, Finney, is still mourning his best friend that went missing last weekend. The Grabber got his fifth victim, and it was clear he didn't plan on stopping. I was never afraid of him. 

The Grabber is known to abduct boys, and I have the exact opposite part of a boy. I just assumed I was in the clear. I just wish the other boys were too. I wish The Grabber never came to the north side of Denver Colorado that day last year. 

I wish he hadn't taken my longtime crush, and best friend Vance Hopper away from me. Life isn't fair, I know, but I think it's out to get me at this point. Vance was the best thing I had. The only thing I had that wasn't my brother and sister. 

So now here I am, almost out of the last class, the Grabber has ruined my life. In every way, I'm jealous of Donna. Her lover wasn't kidnapped, and shes being all touchy with my twin brother. I've been bullied relentlessly, because now that Vance is gone, there's nobody willing to protect me. 

Robin protected me. But, well, now he's gone. It's not fair, they deserve justice. The Grabber has ruined our town. He took five young boys, and I will find out who he is. I will do it. 

I must find The Grabber. 

For Billy Schuwott 

For Griffin Stagg 

For Bruce Yamada 

For Robin Arellano 

For my brother, Finney Shaw, who lost his best friend

And mostly for Vance Hopper, my supposed to be boyfriend. 

The boy who loved me, who asked me out then got abducted two hours before our pinball date. It just wasn't fair. Anything making me happy turns directly into sadness, and I can't do anything about it. 

"Y/n Shaw, could you please answer the question?" the teacher asked, as I came back from my daydreams and plans. "Yes ma'am?" I asked, looking at her confused and yet unsettled glare. "I asked a question, and you were staring at the back of Moose's head." she replied, as Moose turned around. 

Of course, I was forced to sit behind the school's biggest asshole Moose. To be honest, he smelled like an asshole too. One that hasn't been washed since birth. His greasy hair got swept in my face, and I gagged. 

"What are you looking at?" he asked, and I knew exactly what I was looking at. I was looking at the fact that he obviously didn't know what skincare was. I sighed, and whispered to him "ever heard of face wash?" 

"Ms. Shaw!" the teacher said, still pointing to her question. The question was 'how many more moons does Saturn have than Neptune'. "The answer is 68. Because Saturn has eighty-two moons, and Neptune only has fourteen. So, subtracting 83-14 would be a total of 68." I said, picking at my fingernails, a nervous habit of mine. 

Moose still looked to be pissed off about my face wash comment, but I didn't really care that much. I was going to get beat up after school anyway, may as well speak my mind. Not saying it wouldn't have prevented it, so who the hell cares? 

I could feel my twin glaring at me, before turning his attention back to class. Finally, the bell rang, and the kids bombarded the door like a psychopathic mob. Once I left the building, I felt a warm and gross sweaty fist collide with my face. 

God damn Moose. 

I just looked at him, and looked down. Here was my chance. I could ruin his damn life at this very moment. So, I decided, let's do it! 

I whacked him as hard as I could in the nuts with my knee. He fell to the ground, and I could see he just very barely pissed himself. I laughed, then said "You pissed yourself" before walking off. I knew he would beat the hell out of me on Monday, but, he would do it anyway. I just maybe skipped today. 

I was going to meet up with my brother and sister, when I remembered my sister Gwen was at her friend Susie's house as it was Friday night. Finn had already gone ahead, obviously not bothered to wait for me. 

So I just walked alone, my feet trotting proudly along the rocky sidewalk. I had actually beaten Moose at his own game, and had skipped a day of constant black eyes and being beat up by my dad and Moose at the same time. Perfect for me. 

That's when I noticed a black van pull up next to me, as a man in a goofy costume tripping, and the boxes in his hands flying to the ground with a thunderous WHACK! "Gosh! I'm so clumsy" he said, bending down. 

I bent down next to him, attempting to help him. As I turned around to grab another thing that landed next to me, I noticed something. Black balloons. The same balloons my sister said were related to the Grabber. I froze, and the man looked at me. 

"You okay?" he asked, taking the boxes out of my hands. I felt my palms turn sweaty, and before I could rationalize anything, I took off running. Or at least, I tried to take off running. He caught me, his cold hands wrapping around my neck and collarbone. 

I yelped, and scratched him in the neck. I must have drawn blood, because I saw red on his neck at this point. Red that wasn't there before. Before I could try anything else, he sprayed something down my throat, and I was out before I even realized what had just happened...

________________________________________________________________________________

okay! 2/7 books updated!!!! yayyyy!