Chapter 1: Attack

"Before time began, there was the Cube. We
know not where it comes from, only that it
holds the power to create world and filled
them with life. That is how our race was
born. For a time, we lived in harmony, but
like all great power, some wanted it for
good, others for evil. And so began the war
- a war that ravaged our planet until it was
consumed by death, and the Cube was lost
to the far reaches of space. We scattered
across the galaxy, hoping to find it to
rebuild our home, searching every star,
every world. And just when all hope
seemed lost, message of a new discovery
drew us to an unknown planet called.
Earth. But we were already too late."

Qatar - the Middle East
In the glare of the boiling sun, several shadows of military grade MV-22 Ospreys model helicopters hovered over a large sandy field. Inside one of the helicopters, a group of camo-adorned soldiers were sitting on two parallel lines of chairs, chatting away.
"Oh, God, five months of this. I can't wait to get a little taste of home. A plate a mama's alligators étouffée." said Fig, a military soldier. "You been talking about barbecued 'gators and crickets for the last two weeks. I'm never going to your mama's house, Fig I promise." said Epps. "But Bobby, Bobby, 'gators are known to have the most succulent meat." said Fig. "I understand." said Epps. Then he started speaking in Spanish. "English, please English."said Epps. "I mean, How many times have we... We don't speak Spanish. I told you that." said William Lennox, leader of the squad. "Why do you got ruined it for me, man? That's my heritage." Then he started speaking in Spanish more. "Go with the Spanish. Whatever." said Will. "Hey, do you guys remember weekends? Huh? The Sox at Fenway. Cold hotdog and a flat beer." said another soldier. "Perfect day." said Fig. Then he turned to the Captain. "What about you, Captain? You got a perfect day?" said Fig. Will chuckled. "Ah, I just can't wait to hold my baby girl for the first time." The others uproar yeah string of affectionate teasing. "Oh, that's cute!" Fig shouts. "Shut up!" Will remarks.

A short while later, they arrived at their military base somewhere in an large open desert in Qatar. This base is full of soldiers marching to their posts, mixed with muscle bound jocks who cooling off in the hot climate. A few militants are sitting in small kiddy-pools, while others are taking showers in open stall areas. One soldier was playing one-on-one game of basketball with his opponent. "Watch this crossover, baby. Like in Jordan his prime, pushing through the front line!" the soldier said as his dribbled the ball past the opposing player, ready to make the shot. Will was sitting down on a bench when he heard a small voice. "Lennox!" the voice shouted. Will turned to see a small boy running towards him. "Hey,kid. How you doing?" William asked. The boy handed a circular canister. "Water?" he offered. Will took it with pleasure. "Oh, thank you." You gonna help me with the gear?"

Meanwhile, several miles away, a Sikorsky MH-53J Pave-Low III comes into view. It hovers several feet above the ground, bearing an ominous luck to the aircraft. Back at the military base, inside the air raft center, a soldier discovers the chopper on radar. "Colonel Sharp," he calls to the commander. The military veteran walks over to the soldier. "We have an unidentified inbound infiltrator ten miles out." The commander at the screen, getting a look at the target. Then he proceeds to make contact with the unidentified intruder. "Unidentified aircraft, you are in restricted U.M. Military airspace. Squawk ident and proceed east out of area." The helicopter pilot made no attempt to change his destination. Colonel Sharp then held his microphone to his mouth. "Raptors one and two, snap to heading two-five zero to intercept," he tells his pilot. Seconds later, two jets fly off the runway and soar through the air towards the Sikorsky. Once they reach the target, one pilot talk through the intercom. "Bogie is in the weeds ten miles out, not squawking." Unidentified aircraft, we will escort you to U.M. SOCCENT Air Base. If you do not comply, we will use deadly force." The two jets fly past the chopper, getting a glimpse of the tail. "Copy to bogie. Tail 4500 X-ray." One of the soldiers holds a piece of paper in front of him. "Sir, it says here that 4500X was shot down three months ago, Afghanistan." the soldier reads. "That's gotta be a mistake. Check and then recheck," Sharp replies. "I did, sir. A friend of mine was on that chopper." the soldier states." Unidentified aircraft, we will escort you to U.M. SOCCENT Air Base." the commander contacts the copter. "Radar, where's the inbound?" Ten miles out, sir."