Victim Of Love

Hi there!
This is my sequel for the one-shot I wrote a long long long long long time ago lol!
I also published this work in my other AO3 account which is called 'LovingTheWater'.
So I didn't steal someone else's work lol!
Anyway I hope you enjoy~

⊱ ───── {.⋅ ۵♡۵ ⋅.} ──── ⊰

"I'm sorry Sousuke, but I'm in love with someone else." Rin's answer broke Sousuke's heart. Tears filled his eyes. Rin held Sousuke's hand trying to comfort him, not knowing that he was making everything harder for him. "You are a great person and you deserve someone who treats you like you deserve."

"I see..." Sousuke pulled his hand away from Rin's palm and wiped his tears away. "Thank you for being honest."

"I'm really sorry Sousuke..." Rin said. He was upset, but what could you do when your heart belongs to someone else?

"No, you don't have to be sorry." Sousuke said and ran away.

At first no one could think that Sousuke was a romantic person, but he was in love with his best friend and his love was unrequited.

When Rin informed him about his relationship with Haru, Sousuke acted like he was happy for both of them, even though his heart was shattering into the pieces.

He was the only one to blame for the pain he felt.

The most logical thing to do was ending friendship with Rin and move on, but he didn't. He couldn't. 'Being best friends with him should be enough.' He was thinking that way, but he couldn't have been more wrong.

He felt more pain when he saw Rin was kissing with Haru in their dorm room than the pain as he was coughing sakura petals which were stuck in his throat.

Hanahaki disease found him in the school's bathroom. At first Sousuke was confused. He didn't understand what was happening to him. Then he heard someone else was coughing. Sousuke slowly opened the door and listened.

As much as he could see from behind it was Tachibana. He saw him with Haru a few times and they didn't really talk before. From the mirror he could see the blood was dripping down from the corner of Makoto's mouth.

"I'm stupid," he heard Makoto was whispering, "but, at least Haru is happy now."

Sousuke got out of the place where he was hiding. "You are not the only one who is stupid, Tachibana."

Makoto flinched and looked behind. "Oh... Yamazaki-kun, you scared me."

"I told you, you don't have to add '-kun' at my name. Just Sousuke is fine by me." Sousuke said annoyed.

"I also told you to call me just Makoto." Makoto answered.

Sousuke was even more confused when he saw the flower petals on the sink. "You..."

"Yeah, I have hanahaki disease." Makoto answered.

"Hanahaki?" Sousuke blinked his eyes. "What is that?" He asked.

"Hanahaki is a disease which is born from one-sided love. It causes the victim to cough and throw bloody petals up." Makoto explained. "Wait... Do you have it too?"

Sousuke nodded his head. "Yes."

Makoto's eyes widened in surprise. "You are in love with Rin!" He exclaimed.

Sousuke stayed quiet and just nodded his head.

Makoto couldn't help and hugged him. They both were in the same situation and they both were slowly dying.