Prologue

He had continuously carved words onto the walls, using the blade hidden in his faded, dyed coloured hair to do so. Random marks sprawled from mistakes across the barrier that enclosed him from the corridor that had lead to the scenery past the horizon.

Thoughts never-endingly passed his mind, but interrupting him from said thoughts he couldn't even manage to comprehend the voice he could never let escape his mind spoke.

"Michael..." a faintly surreal voice said. Slowly, the boy turned around and looked to face her. "Blaire"- His own words when he spoke surprised him-he never heard his voice much, he never saw her much because he became deprived, numb even of being able to even have emotion. Of being able to see her. He was allowing her to slip away and out of life, or had it been too late already?...

"What are you writing?" The soft tone she had made it seem like she was truly curious, but she had lied. She never was his friend. She was dead. She was dead because of him.

...And she would never let that go.

"Nothing," Michael defended as he hid the blade back in his hair. It wasn't like he had been self-harming himself, it wasn't like that. He just needed a place to escape, and cutting into the walls is what helped him escape. "Don't lie," she muttered under her breath, "Don't lie to me, Mikey."

"I told you, it's nothing."

"Okay, I'm trusting you...Then can I read it?"

A/N
Thank you so much throwingstones for letting me have this idea (: