Snow White

Magic Mirror on the wall who's the cherished one of all?

Trigger warnings: suicide, murder, depression

Fingers grasping, reaching, stretching—

Bells chiming, ringing, screaming—

A breath caught, choked, lost—

Shattered.

I was shattered.

I was me, then I was not.

I had no sight, no voice, no sensation.

It was dark and it was light. A kaleidoscope of things in my mind, all in between something and nothing.

If my mind was a mirror, someone had taken a sledgehammer to it and ran off with bits of the broken pieces.

Dead, dying, or alive?

I couldn't tell you.

Words came to me, but some of them had no meaning behind them. Empty placeholders.

Disjointed, disquieting, unsettling, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong, wrong—

I was not me.

And then I—

—was gone.

Awareness came to her like a fog rolling off a chilly bay. Slowly, a cold sensation came to the tips of her fingers and toes. Light pierced through her closed eyes. She was weighed down by an unknown force, unable to move or speak for several minutes.

Her eyes slowly creaked open. Blinded by the bright sky above her, she quickly shut them again and screwed up her face in pain. More time passed and eventually, she could move more than her eyes.

Fingers grasped the ground beneath her. She was on cold dirt, the granules getting stuck in her nails. With a great amount of effort, she forced her eyes open again and pushed herself into a sitting position. The world spun around her; everything blurred and tilted as she struggled to focus on what she saw.

It was bright, blindingly so.

She ached. Heavy pain and fatigue sunk into her bones like sand falling through cracks. She couldn't move at all for a very long time.

Only when things became less bright did the pain subside enough for her to open her eyes.

Large things jutted out of the ground. They were large, jagged, reflective, and oddly colored. Her foggy, fumbled mind struggled to find the word for them. She stared at them for several minutes, unable to form coherent thoughts as she searched for the right word.

Crystal.

They were some kind of mirrored crystals. She could see a reflection inside them, and on the outside they were varying shades of purple, blue, white, and tiny hints of green. They towered above her, splintered from the ground.