Little Things

Every Thurday he came in the cafe and ordered the same thing. A roasted hazelnut coffee - then he'd take it over to his table, add two sugars, stir and drink. I liked to count how long it'd be until his next step in the ritual came and I was always right. 

I didn't make it a regular occurance to stalk the customers, memorise their orders or fantasise about the next Thursday when they would visit again - I only did it with him. 

From the first time he visited i was transfixed by every tiny detail to the very large details about him too. He wore the same coat every week - a light denim blue jacket with the sleeves rolled up. He'd have the same perfectly styled quiff every week which gave me a clear view of his eyes. 

His eyes.

He had the most amazing eyes i had ever saw - and believe me working in a coffee shop I saw plenty of eyes all day long! They were blue grey and they had this amazing ability to make me forget how to speak ever, how to move and how to act like a normal person. 

Of course being the flawless sex god that he was, he didn't even notice me.

He would always order from one of the other girls working with me - most probably because I would pretend to be doing something else so that I didn't have to face him and show him what a omplete fool I was.

This was I could pretend I was a complete and utter mystery to him, as in one sense he wasn't to me yet in other ways he was.