THE DREAM

It was an extremely bright summer's day . I was walking through a large open outdoor space, with people everywhere,One of those dreams where you see straight from the eyes of the character . I had no peripheral view. I only saw what was directly in font of me and couldn't see what followed behind.

I Was so terrified I couldn't muster the courage to turn around and see the source of enery that had me gripped  with fear. I looked straight ahead briskly walking through a sea of strange faces that seem oblivious to my torment. Im not sure what warranted my axienty.Not a word was spoken but the silence felt deadly as I steadily increased my pace attempting to put distance between me and someone or shall I say something that followed close behind.

With each step I felt an increased urge to run. My neck was paralyzed with fear,as curious as I was, I could not turn to face my silent toumenter. Esculating in fear with each step, Suddenly I stopped , still facing straight ahead and with just as much force as fear, I sceamed, "I rebuke you in the name of Jesus!" And just as suddenly, everything stopped, the people, the sound just dead silence.

Since childhood I'd experienced Strange dreams that often came true. This particular time I distinctly remember the smell of lavender as my mom hurried out  the door but not before yelling," Amariah dont forget to lock up before you leave and tell Lisa I said Hi!" Before I had the chance to respond, I could hear the keys giggling as she looked the front door.

Lisa was a friend of mine who took pity on me for not having plans for the 4th of july. I was looking forward to staying in. I wasn't your average nineteen year old.I preferred a good book and peace of mind. I guess I was what you'd call an old soul.See,early childhood trauma made me wise but sadly at the cost of my innocence.I knew pain and I knew it well.My step-father was fond of children and me,I was his favorite. Yep,from an early age,I acquired wisdom and the ability to keep secrets.

There I go, scatter brain, where was I Fourth of july, I'm dressed to the nines, or so I thought at the time, with my knee long knockoff Coogie bugs bunny shirt, turned dress, by me of course, that hung over my small frame like a tent, all white, a nice contrast to my dark chocolate skin. Looking back, that was not right but back then you coldnt tell me wrong. I was definitely wanting to be seen and there it was an hour after Lisa was said to be on her way and still, no Lisa.

I'm sitting on my moms couch for what seems like an eternity of waiting  but apparently destiny had other plans and boy was I in for a ride. See, as you've probably guessed by now, Lisa stood me up, didn't even bother to call and I waited and waited until I fell asleep on the couch ,until being awakened by a knock on the door.

I had just rebuked something that felt as sinnester as satan himself.  It was Toni, a friend from school , high school at that, which I hadn't attended for the same length of time that I hadn't heard for Toni, two years to be exact but there she was at my door, inviting me to attend an event , a free concert at the fairgrounds, normally I'd shy out of such a thing but it was fourth of July, I was already dressed and to be honest, I was freaked out by the dream and with the rest of my family out enjoying the 4th, I wasn't looking forward to being in that creaky house alone.

Little did I know,this decision would lead me directly to the very thing I feared!