~☆ 17 ☆~

The flame haired witch stood in front of the big iron doors, her entire appearance contradicting the snowy weather of Bardulf

The soldier looked at her keenly and accepted the imperial letter from her. Reading it thoroughly and checking it, he made sure that it was a valid one.

After the check, he bowed down and politely greeted her to the north, leaving no haste in telling the guards to open the door and let the young Marchioness enter into the territory. 

They didn't lie when they told her that Bardulf had werewolves and humans living together. It was a fresh environment and a nice one for her.

Okay, if we actually forget about the cold wind blowing.

The pink eyed teen immediately placed a spell on her to keep her warm and comfortable while journeying through the audience room of the Lord that ruled this territory with all due honesty.

Behind the blue decorated tapestry, the official crest of the Shikis — [Adolph] — came into view. The crest contained three dark wolves looking on all three sides, two swords angled perfectly to intimidate the strength that it gave off. A moon hung on the intersection of the two sword points, giving of their ancient culture to have the moon as their prime goddess. The border was filled with numerous small figures that looked like a strip of a picture book, filled with hundreds of great stories to tell.

Even if eons pass, the glory of Shikis will never fade…
Hestia had always been fascinated by this lineage, no matter what.

This was another reason why she favoured Helen more than Arius during the later half of her first life.

Suddenly a gust of wind passed beside Hestia followed by a flurry of a sky colored cape with the family insignia Adolph. 

The perfect shade of long purple hair, adorned with jewels, came into view. The Lord — mother of Helen — sat on the grand seat with a domineering aura. Clearly it was visible that she was the alpha, the one whom the people of Bardulf trusted.

"I greet the Duke of Bardulf, Lord Mayana De Shian…" Hestia kneeled down, showing her respect as someone from a lower rank.

Mayana laughed jokingly. Getting up from her seat, she gracefully waltzed down and towards her. Using her long gloved index finger under her chin, she gently yet forcefully tilted her up.

"So this is this the product of a f**king wizard and that lady huh?" Her voice sounded silky but rough.

The scar decorating her left side of the face only made it more scary for the others, but to Hestia, who had seen worse than this, didn't flinch, even a centimetre.

"It was all normal when you called me. Now...how do you, a mere werewolf, dare to touch me..?" Her pink irises locked into a heating stare, burning the black irises that were gazing at her arrogantly.

From the view of humans, Mayana had a higher position than Hestia.

But from the view of a dark creature, Hestia has a higher position than Mayana.

"Indeed you speak like a witch, a conceited one…" The purple haired duke got up and transformed into a purple wolf. 

"Assistant, send Hestia in the frontiers along with my daughter, Helen." She trotted on the red carpet and paused when she reached the door, her assistant helping her to open it.

"Oh and...Prove yourself that in the land of Bardulf, you will shine like a Hestia, like a sun…" The big, furry animal looked at her one last time and finally disappeared from the room.

Hestia smirked, her hands weaving a spell. She quietly muttered it in the ancient language and the small light formed, dispersed into the cold atmosphere. 

Seems like I need to show Mayana my worth…