~☆ 18 ☆~

The sunrise left yellow and orange waves in the blue sky, creating a perfect mood for just sipping tea and eating pastries

The sunrise left yellow and orange waves in the blue sky, creating a perfect mood for just sipping tea and eating pastries. But actually that won't happen since today marks the first day of the battle.

"So you are the witch that's attending us? What utter f**king bullsh*t!" Helen folded her arms, stomped a foot and then angrily burst out at me, as if she was really crossed at me.

I never knew that the Helen I knew, cursed like a sailor during her childhood 
Keeping a steady face, a small smile to adorn her already irritated features, Hestia politely pointed her towards the wall that was opening with the help of a pulley system, giving us a way to venture into the forest.

"I think it would be best if young Miss leads the war, now." She ignited the fire of energy inside Helen, making her have a crazed grin and happily leading the werewolves and human soldiers.

"Yer all bring victory to our moon goddess!" She eagerly cried out, surging a burst of energy within them. 

Thanks to her magic — without them knowing ofcourse — Hestia have put a barrier around the northern territory to safeguard it if anything disastrous happens.

Several battle cries rose around and behind us, the ground vibrating of the cavalry and the weremen who had turned into wolves.

The pink eyed witch whipped the leash of her horse, signalling it to march the army. Helen whistled at my actions and muttered something inaudible. 

The demons lurk around the forest that acts as a natural barrier between Heinstein and Balthazar. For no reason she could think of, why the demons always lurk around during this time of the year.

Her mind was preoccupied with such thoughts that she failed to notice that the battle — Ah wait, 'expedition' had already started. And the demons are far more upgraded than last year's batch.

Excellent try Ross, for making me believe that it was an expedition and simply not a war.
Hestia clicked her tongue in annoyance, seeing such gross and ugly creatures crawling on the same land where she was standing and breathing the same purified air that she was breathing. 

She summoned a magic circle with her wand, which covered a part of the forest, and simply blasted the demons by turning them into nothing but dust.

But sadly, the scale was too unbearable for the trees covering the region within the circle, hence turning them into dust.

Oops
She clicked her tongue once again and heard a loud screech followed by inhuman yelling.

"Just what do you think you are doing!?" Helen, who transformed into her human form, grabbed the collar of my shirt and brought her close to her face.

"I simply tried a spell to diminish the demons, but it seems like the trees couldn't bear it—"

"Didn't anyone tell you that these trees serve as the border!? If we burn them, the Heinsteins will think of it as a war!!!" Helen messaged her forehead with the index and thumb, gently muttering a string of foul curses and then proceeded to look at Hestia, again.

"Honestly, I expected that of a spoiled noble girl coming from the south who has known nothing but comfort." She said bitterly and looked at her with disgust.

"Just who hired a f**king mage like you!?" 

Mage?
Now she had finally forced me to open my mouth and let those cutthroat words out.

"A filthy dog like you shouldn't talk about my lineage." Hestia venomously pointed her finger at Helen, despite knowing that northerns didn't like to be pointed out, especially an arrogant noble like Helen.

"As a noble witch, it disgusts me to even breathe the same air as your kind. Yet you, who can't accept kindness, believe that everything works their way. I heavily apologise for burning the trees. If the Heinsteins ever step into Balthazar, the duty of finishing them will rest on me." She curtly declared and formed a magical mat, stepping on it, the wand dissipating into thin air.

After a whole five minutes of silence, the purplenette huffed and turned to look at the troops, "We shall retreat. There is nothing to do anymore." She slumped and changed back into a wolf, leading her pack back to the main territory of Bardulf. The faces of the pack's members were filled with sheer unhappiness. 

Somewhere within her heart, it felt as if Hestia should have just apologised to her. Because of her words, the tension in the atmosphere dropped to negative degrees. Perhaps she have severed the chances of me being accomplices with Helen.

Dinner with the Shikis was worse than she could ever imagine. Maya wasn't present. Only Hestia and Helen were.

The long table, covered in velvet, had several delicacies spread over. The cuisine had dishes mainly of meat and spices to keep the habitants of Bardulf warm. She silently gazed at the piece of tomato that she had stabbed with my fork, my pink hues occasionally looking at the girl that sat opposite to me.

Their eyes met for a moment and then snapped again. After that commotion, they didn't dare to talk with each other.

Haizz…
Hestia internally sighed as she tried to drift my mind away from this manner.

With this, a week had passed, with no signs of war or chaos.

All because of a witch who decided to single handedly end it…