Chapter 3

"Ladies, join our hair-raising wig show." The fat man with the megaphone said. Ratchet and Hot Rod went there, they weren't women, but they can pass as women surprisingly. "Try a Sandra Dee, Jackie Kennedy or Elizabeth Taylor Cleopatra wig." He added.

The brothers sat down and tried some on. For fun. They didn't want to watch their father and Sidewire play a game, it was too boring. The lady from the night before was walking around making small talk with the ladies. Ratchet and Hot Rod stared into the mirror as they tried on wigs.

Then Megatron made his way over to Hot Rod. Ratchet internally threw up. "Ask not what your waiter can do for you, but what you can do for your waiter." He said to the youngest Rodriguez. Ratchet glared at Megatron. "You know if my tips keep going up I'll have enough money for my Alfa Romeo." Megatron said to Hot Rod.

"That's my favorite car." Hot Rod said, smiling. "Ladies, you look lovely." Optimus said next to his dance partner. Ratchet looked over at them and quickly took off the wig. Embarrassed. He smiled to himself as he watched Optimus from the other end of the table. "Baby, would you cover me for tonight? Tell Mommy and Daddy I went to lie down?" Hot Rod asked.

"Where you going?" Ratchet asked in response. "To the golf course. There's a pretty view from the first tee." Hot Rod answered him. Ratchet continued to watch Optimus, not really paying much attention to what his brother said. Optimus was talking to the lady. He thanked her and kissed her cheek quickly before leaving.

Ratchet decided to go and talk to the woman. He made his way over, smiling kindly. The lady looked at her before looking down again at her clipboard. "So you were really a Rockette? I think you're a wonderful dancer." Ratchet said. It was true. "Yeah? Well my mother kicked me out when I was 16. I've been dancing ever since." She replied to Ratchet's compliments. "It's what I've wanted to do anyway..." she added.

"I envy you." Ratchet smiled. The girl scoffed, a smirk on her face. She closed up her briefcase and walked away. Leaving Ratchet alone.

.
.
.
.
.

As night rolled around Ratchet was stuck with his parents as music played. They were outside tonight and everyone was dancing. Ratchet was leaning on his father, his father's arm wrapped around him. His parents were talking to Sidewire who made his way over to them. Asking if they were going to dance. "We're waiting for a waltz." His mother answered.

Ratchet really didn't care much about what was happening. He kinda wished Hot Rod was here. At least he'd have someone to talk to. He didn't want to hang around anyone else, especially Wheeljack. The group's eyes wandered to Optimus who was dancing with a woman (named Firefly.)

She seemed oddly very close and flirty with Optimus. But the Prime looked like he wasn't really reciprocating those attempts to woo him. Wheeljack stopped two dancing, asking something. "Where's Elita? Everybody's been asking for her." Wheeljack asked. "What do you mean, where's Elita? She's taking a break. She needs a break." Optimus angrily told him.

"As long as it's not an all night break." Wheeljack said. He turned to walk over to Ratchet who was watching. "Come on, Doll. Let's take a walk." Wheeljack moved his arm around Ratchet's shoulder and Ratchet just followed. He wished his parents would say something. He hated this. He glanced at his parents who just smiled.

Wheeljack played with Ratchet's hair, smiling. "I love to watch your hair blowing in the breeze." Wheeljack said. Ratchet wanted to throw up. What type of line was that? 'I feel sorry for his future wife/husband...' Ratchet thought. Ratchet inhaled deeply, he needed to find a way to walk away from this. "Maybe my parents are looking for me." Ratchet said.

"Baby, don't worry. If they think you're with me, they'll be the happiest parents at Kellerman's." Wheeljack grinned. "I have to say. I'm known as the Catch of the County." Wheeljack said. "I'm sure you are." Ratchet agreed. "Last week, I took a girl from Jamie, the lifeguard. He said, "What does he have that I don't?" She said, "Two hotels."" Wheeljack proudly said. Ratchet wasn't impressed. Back home boys would just fight to win over a girl's attention. Ratchet was sometimes in those fights, but for the wrong reason. He was just thrown in there to help a friend who was getting their ass whooped.