Chapter 11 ☔️

"Ugh, that interview could have gone better," I say making my way through the lobby.

"Oh wow it's pouring," I notice the hard rain fall through the windows. I clutch the umbrella Hoseok gave me and get it ready to walk out.

I miss that pink umbrella. I reminisce about the umbrella my father had bought me back in high school, that I hand out to a sorrowful stranger.

I sigh deeply as I walk through the crowded streets. I decided to pull my phone out and check job listings online.

I scroll down but glance up every few seconds to not bump into anyone like before, I don't have any more umbrellas to hand out.

I get to a crosswalk and push the button looking around and noticing a crowd gathering to cross, I take this chance to focus on my screen looking for more interviews.

As I scroll down I notice behind my phone the people's feet walking forward so I go along with the crowd.

I make it across safely and successfully send off a few more of my resumes online. The interview was a bit far out from home but anything is something.

I'm starting to get hungry and decide to go to the same small restaurant I went to with Yoongi.

My mood changes a bit and despite this terrible rain I start to feel good about today.

I make another turn and bump into someone, "Oh I'm sorry-" The man stops his apology and I notice why.

"Oh wow, I knew you came back but I didn't think I'd find you this fast," My ex smirks and grabs my arm tightly.

My heart races and I fight my instinct to just stand there and do nothing by slamming my elbow over his arm causing him to drop his grip and let go.

I quickly ran the other way as he tried to collect himself but he was also quick on his feet. I dodge and weave bystanders trying my best to lose him and not get others involved.

I hear every step he takes and how far along he is by the wet ground. "Leave me alone!" I shout at him and notice he is hot on my tail.

I grip my umbrella and decide to sacrifice my new gift and toss it at him.

It slows him down enough for me to gain distance enough to cut through a park nearby.

I slow down to catch my breath and feel as if I lost him but once I managed to calm myself down I get tugged at and pulled in by someone.

"Finally! Why are you being so dramatic?" He caught me and gripped both my arms this time.

"Let me go!" I shout hoping someone is close and helps.

"Relax y/n, you're the one who assaulted me first, I'm just doing this to protect myself," He tries to explain himself.

"If you stop trying to fight me I will let you go, all I wanted to do is talk!" He angrily states.

He grips me too hard as I try to wiggle my arms free. I look up at him and see he is being serious. I decide to stop and hear him out, just so he can stop hurting my arms.

"Okay see," He lets me go, "Just like I said I'll let you go,"

I scoff and look away, "Can we go somewhere else? It's raining too much," He tries to relocate us.

"No, just say what you need to say here and now," I bluntly say.

"You're so stubborn," he sighs and shakes his head, "Fine, I'm sorry for what went down in the States. I was going through things and I shouldn't have done what I did to you. I know it's what let you to decide to do what you did to yourself but I came to Korea again to say my apologies,"